Started by melmac, November 13, 2010, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melmac

Hi
The Closer - Tuesday 9.30 is a repeat
The Event - 10.30 Thursday is a repeat of the Monday episode
Mel

Mitch IceGuide

We were sucked in again with the 'new episode' claims with these programs. Thanks for picking it up.

grampus

City Homicide ch 7 wednesday November 17 @ 9:30 is a repeat.
BeyonWiz, T3

Mitch IceGuide

The 2nd episode is marked as 'r' and was shown in Sept.2008, however I'm not so sure the first episode is a 'r'. We have no record of 'Atonement' ever going to air. In fact I feel quite sure this is a first run.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on November 15, 2010, 12:53:27 PM
The 2nd episode is marked as 'r' and was shown in Sept.2008, however I'm not so sure the first episode is a 'r'. We have no record of 'Atonement' ever going to air. In fact I feel quite sure this is a first run.

Ice site and latest XML download (an hour ago) does not have a repeat flag on the second episode (yet).

Regards
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

grampus

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 15, 2010, 02:59:24 PM
Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on November 15, 2010, 12:53:27 PM

Ice site and latest XML download (an hour ago) does not have a repeat flag on the second episode (yet).

Regards
Hope we're talking about the same thing.

City Homicide second show on wed at 9:30 was not flagged as repeat when I reported it.
Now it is.
BeyonWiz, T3

JPP

Just while we are on the subject of Repeats...

I have on more than one occasion noticed that there is a discrepancy between the Repeat Flags on the Web TV program vs the Widget. Why would that be? Is one updated/programmed separately from the other?

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

MB4913

Both last Wednesday and today, IceTV Interactive changed 'The Big C" on Gem at 9:30 at the last minute to be flagged as a repeat. That is, it was set to record (as I only want new episodes) and I assumed all was well, and then it disappeared from my reservation list with less than a day to go. I caught it in time today, but was not so lucky last week.  :'(

Please note that Wednesday at 9:30 is new episodes, with repeats on the following Tuesday at 10:30.

As a general principle, if you are not sure whether a show is a repeat or not, you should err on the side of no repeat flag, as I'm sure most people would rather record an unwanted episode than miss out on a wanted one.

grampus

Gem Tuesday 23 November 2:00PM.  Sea Patrol.

Is a repeat.
BeyonWiz, T3

melmac

Quote from: MB4913 on November 17, 2010, 08:13:09 PM
Both last Wednesday and today, IceTV Interactive changed 'The Big C" on Gem at 9:30 at the last minute to be flagged as a repeat. That is, it was set to record (as I only want new episodes) and I assumed all was well, and then it disappeared from my reservation list with less than a day to go. I caught it in time today, but was not so lucky last week.  :'(

Please note that Wednesday at 9:30 is new episodes, with repeats on the following Tuesday at 10:30.

As a general principle, if you are not sure whether a show is a repeat or not, you should err on the side of no repeat flag, as I'm sure most people would rather record an unwanted episode than miss out on a wanted one.

Just on this I've been busy, just checked my machine and I have not had The Big C record for two weeks :( I'm in Perth I assume it has been showing on checking the histoy in VMC it show that the recording is being set but then being cancelled at the last minute. I assume this is due to the incorrect application of the repeat flag, not happy Ice! It seems thats IceTv assumes that everything on Gem is a repeat when it is in fact not ! >:(

grampus

Quote from: grampus on November 22, 2010, 04:53:15 PM
Gem Tuesday 23 November 2:00PM.  Sea Patrol.

Is a repeat.
That was quick.
Fixed.
BeyonWiz, T3

csutak40

Not happy, Jan!   >:(  I don't watch Oprah every day, do tape all new shows, easy enough to delete if it is a boring show.  So when I happened to channel hop there just now and discovered Liza Minelli, (10 minutes before the end of the show) I double checked and it IS showing as a repeat.  I figured it may well be a repeat that I missed the first time around too.  Just checked on yourTV and it is NOT a repeat!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

bushwalker

The Graham Norton Show, now showing on ABC2, is not a repeat but a new Series 8. Check your facts or list of episodes here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Graham_Norton_Show_episodes#Series_8_.282010-2011.29.

melmac

The Event on Thursday 10.30 is a repeat again  ::)
Mondy nights are new eps Thursday nights are repeats

MB4913

Collectors on ABC1 tonight at 8:00pm is incorrectly flagged as a repeat in the ACT guide. It is in fact the final episode for the year.