Windows Phone 7 App

Started by copytec, November 09, 2010, 02:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copytec

I have asked if an app for the Windows Phone 7 will be avalibel and the answer I got.
Quote"Hi Pat,

This is a possibility but we have nothing planned as yet. It really depends if Windows 7 becomes popular enough to warrant allocating enough resources to build the app

So i say to all you peeps out there that want and App for your shiny new WP7 (which I have BTW) make sure that we let them know about it or we wont get one.

bodogbodog

Don't hold your breath
A lot of us have  been waiting for a gadget for Vista (now of course it would be Win7) @ http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=580.0
Still no word on that one - hopefully we see that sometime soon, but like I say don't hold your breath - if Win7 clients are not deemed to be "popular enough to warrant allocating enough resources to" then Win Phone has a long way to go!
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

bodogbodog

Any update on this?

A Windows Phone 7 application

and

A Windows 7 gadget

Either would be nice  ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

juzzle

Three votes here!

I have just bought a Windows Phone (as have two friends) - it's a killer platform and easy to develop for - by where's the Windows Phone ICETV app?

Come on IceTV, step up please.

bodogbodog

Quote from: juzzle on January 09, 2012, 12:40:34 PM
I have just bought a Windows Phone (as have two friends) - it's a killer platform and easy to develop for - by where's the Windows Phone ICETV app?

Good to hear - we've got three in our household - I think we'll be waiting a bit longer for a WP7 IceTV application I'm afraid - I've been asking for a Windows 7 one since Win 7 was launched...

Hey if you are a developer perhaps you could whip one up (I have no idea as to how and what interfaces you'd need from IceTV though)

lukem

Hi Guys,

We're heavily focused on Windows right now and a new web API, which we might make public. This new API will allow us and third parties to provide better apps and widgets, including WP7.

Cheers,
Luke

bodogbodog

Luke
Great news
Standing by for the new products fron IceTV and the downstream ones as well for accessing the service

lukem

Happy to give away a free Windows 7 Media Center PVR + lifetime IceTV for an experienced Win7 Phone developer to step up and make this happen. We have an exceptionally easy XML/JSON API, fully documented and great dev team to liaise with. We'll also cover the cost for you to attend our 2012 xmas party in Sydney.

P.M. if interested.

bodogbodog

Great offer - hope you dont mind but I'd given this offer some visibility on Whirlpool where a lot of the WP7 developers hangout
Fingers crossed someone picks up on the challenge

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1891036&p=13#r242

bodogbodog

Well if you don't find a developer after this offer I don't think you ever will

Hope you dont mind but I got you a bit of visibility on Australia's major WP7 site - so hopefully someone picks up on your offer there - fingers crossed!

http://www.wpdownunder.com/?p=5490

lukem

Hi,

We've had some interest so very excited to see where this will go, and really appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Luke

dgaust

Nice to hear there's been some interest. I was going to chuck my hat in the ring, but no need now :D

bodogbodog

Quote from: dgaust on July 05, 2012, 12:12:03 PM
I was going to chuck my hat in the ring, but no need now :D

Go on! - you know you want to  ;D

lukem

Hi Guys,

We've had quite a good response so far, so a big thanks!

Will post an update soon.

Cheers,
Luke

bodogbodog

Luke - any update on the progress on this app for Win Phone (8 is now available)

Personally it doesn't worry me so much now as I've moved onto iPhone and IOS - but I'm sure there are others who would like to see it