Topfield 2460 not receiving reservations

Started by Melkor, October 31, 2010, 03:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

I just got a new 2460 with the latest FW.
The reservations are set on the widget and iphone app but don't show up on the 2460.
The guide works perfectly with no missing channel data and shoutcast, youtube, etc work so it isn't a internet connection issue. I have the same IP and port forwarding from my previous topfield 7100.
I have already done a factory reset and the it is still the same after waiting over an hour.
Any ideas?

grampus

Quote from: Melkor on October 31, 2010, 03:31:10 PM
The reservations are set on the widget and iphone app but don't show up on the 2460.
The guide works perfectly with no missing channel data and shoutcast, youtube, etc work so it isn't a internet connection issue. I have the same IP and port forwarding from my previous topfield 7100.
I have already done a factory reset and the it is still the same after waiting over an hour.
Any ideas?
You just replaced one with the other, same name?
Do you need to do a resend for the device from Ice?
BeyonWiz, T3

Melkor

It's not the same name and I updated the current series recordings to the new device.
I did the resend recordings for the new device anyway from the Ice site.

plumgas

there are still problems with ice & topfield we are still waiting for the new firmware to fix the issue. Sometimes it works & other times it doesn't.
Have you tried to manually update from the toppy menu.

torero22

Yes I have a 2460 & am experiencing the same issues. Quite frustrating, as I like the features of IceTV but do not want to extend membership as the two don't work together.

The recordings are suppose to adjust end times based on show delays, that doesn't work as well ! So you end up missing the ending of shows.

Is the only way to fix this to extend the end recording parameter ?  I have it set to 10min atm.

romuleus

I have exactly the same problem.   My Topfield 2460 fetches the guide without any problems at all but refuses to get and set any timers that I've set using the ICETV webpage or iphone app.
I've spoken with ICETV Support and we stuffed around for about 30 minutes but in the end it still won't work.    I'm convinced it's a toppy firmware bug.   I just wish that since I bought my Toppy through ICETV that they'd work with Topfield to resolve the issue.

Quote from: Melkor on October 31, 2010, 03:31:10 PM
Any ideas?

a.duke.rider

Topfield 2460 Masterpiece.

3 weeks since I set IceTV up and have the same issue - receiving EPG - but only a couple of reservations have come down. Also have had blank EPG page on one occasion although this populated after a restart.

I have the latest Firmware installed.

I am running a fixed IP.  Utube, weather etc all work flawlessly.

What is the best way to bring this to IceTV's attention?

a.duke.rider

Update - resolved by IceTV support.

I sent an email via the "Contact Us" page on the IceTV page and got a very prompt response.

Basically I had to delete all the reservations on the Topfield then do a Resend All from the Interactive site.

Although not directed by IceTV to do so, I also did a tidy up of all the Channel numbers to delete duplicates, guides and also matched the "Send to PVR as LCN" numbers to the stations, rather than selecting "ALL".

After waiting patiently for an hour with the Topfied switched on, all the reservations appeared.

Very impressed by the prompt and accurate response from IceTV!!!

boomerangirl

Quote from: a.duke.rider on January 22, 2011, 10:01:01 PM

Although not directed by IceTV to do so, I also did a tidy up of all the Channel numbers to delete duplicates, guides and also matched the "Send to PVR as LCN" numbers to the stations, rather than selecting "ALL".

I spoke to tech support about missing reservations this afternoon and the guy explicitly mentioned that getting rid of duplicate channels was was a good idea.  Thanks to your post, I'd already done so.  When I pointed this out, the support guy made noises of approval and then forced a resend of all my reservations, and now everything seems to be working at last.

raymondjpg

Quote from: plumgas on November 01, 2010, 10:56:41 AM
there are still problems with ice & topfield we are still waiting for the new firmware to fix the issue. Sometimes it works & other times it doesn't.

So has Topfield released new firmware to "fix the issue"?

Basically I had to delete all the reservations on the Topfield then do a Resend All from the Interactive site.

But will that fix the issue of not registering reservations permanently?

I have been virtually obliged to do this with a 7100 for the past nine months or so. Is there a common problem with (Ice) channel mapping in all Topfield PVRs?

Quote from: boomerangirl on February 08, 2011, 08:47:53 PM
I spoke to tech support about missing reservations this afternoon and the guy explicitly mentioned that getting rid of duplicate channels was was a good idea.  Thanks to your post, I'd already done so.  When I pointed this out, the support guy made noises of approval and then forced a resend of all my reservations, and now everything seems to be working at last.

I haven't found that duplicate channels interfere at all with proper functioning of my 7100. This may not apply to all regions, but in my case duplicate channels are just a nuisance up with which I can put.

The reason I ask these questions / make these points is that I was initially impressed with reports that (unlike the 7100) the 2460 worked straight out of the box. Whether or not this was with IceTV I don't know, but I would need it to work with Ice. If I am persuaded that the 2460 has no more, and hopefully fewer, problems than the 7100 then I will probably purchase one when the 7100 expires.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

tonymy01

On the Beyonwiz, duplicate channels cause all sorts of headaches for a number of reasons.
1. the Beyonwiz builds out the on screen EPG using PID information, but if it gets 2 lots of the same PIDs from 2 broadcast locations, it only datafills one of them (grr).
2. duplicate PIDs means duplicate LCNs (this has now been fixed with the Wiz, now the so-called worst reception duplicate gets renumbered up to 350+).  Duplicate LCNs is a big big big problem... which LCN gets the timer?   If ICE says to the PVR "set a timer for LCN10" but you have two LCN10s, which one will record?  What happens if one has very very poor reception compared to the other?   You might end up with recordings with zero bytes, as there was no reception at the time.   The recording looks fine on your HDD, it shows "LCN10 NCIS 60mins" but when you go to play it, it jumps straight to the next recording (as it has next to zero bytes since you had next to zero reception on that duplicate that evening).  Delete duplicates, it is the only way to ensure you know what you (and ICE) are going to record.    And what about clash detection?  ICE uses the reported information from your PVR about which LCNs have which timers, it is going to throw a spanner in the works if you have setup timers on both of the duplicates.

The ICE protocol is a little "fragile" when something out of the ordinary confuses it, and duplicate LCNs is one thing that can really muck things up.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 10, 2011, 04:23:52 AM
On the Beyonwiz, duplicate channels cause all sorts of headaches for a number of reasons.
1. the Beyonwiz builds out the on screen EPG using PID information, but if it gets 2 lots of the same PIDs from 2 broadcast locations, it only datafills one of them (grr).
2. duplicate PIDs means duplicate LCNs (this has now been fixed with the Wiz, now the so-called worst reception duplicate gets renumbered up to 350+).  Duplicate LCNs is a big big big problem... which LCN gets the timer?   If ICE says to the PVR "set a timer for LCN10" but you have two LCN10s, which one will record?  What happens if one has very very poor reception compared to the other?   You might end up with recordings with zero bytes, as there was no reception at the time.   The recording looks fine on your HDD, it shows "LCN10 NCIS 60mins" but when you go to play it, it jumps straight to the next recording (as it has next to zero bytes since you had next to zero reception on that duplicate that evening).  Delete duplicates, it is the only way to ensure you know what you (and ICE) are going to record.    And what about clash detection?  ICE uses the reported information from your PVR about which LCNs have which timers, it is going to throw a spanner in the works if you have setup timers on both of the duplicates.

The ICE protocol is a little "fragile" when something out of the ordinary confuses it, and duplicate LCNs is one thing that can really muck things up.
Regards

If I read your argument correctly, the Ice EPG population with the Beyonwiz relies on PID information, and the timers on LCN information (?)

Does this also apply to the Topfield PVRs? I have gained the impression over two years of using a 7100 with IceTV that (at least primary) reliance is on LCN. I haven't kept as close an eye on the Beyonwiz as my experience with this PVR has been limited to post-introduction of the new channels that are pleased to call themselves HD.

In days past PRIME (7) broadcast both a SD (LCN 6) and an HD (LCN 60) channel in my region. The HD channel hopped around from the SD broadcast PID to another (different) PID when switching to an HD broadcast program. This presented some problems with DVB Webscheduler Pro - the tuning of the PC capture device had to be executed when PRIME HD was broadcasting on the HD PID, or the capture device would record what was being broadcast on the SD channel. DVB Webscheduler Pro (and TV Scheduler as far as I can tell) was definitely very particular about its PIDs.

Yet the Topfield 7100 appeared to be able to hack the change of PID, resulting in a discontinuity of recording as the channel switched from SD to HD broadcast.

Titles of these HD recordings picked up from the IceEPG were invariably correct, to my recollection, implying that the IceEPG was populating the correct LCN regardless of which PID was being broadcast. It is also my recollection that SD was being broadcast on the HD channel more than 50% of the time. My practice was to start up the PVR some time in the morning to draw off previous night's recordings, and update the EPG and timers, and at that time of day more SD was being broadcast than HD content.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

domino1352

any news on a new firmware that fixes these issues (Yes another Toppy 2460 user with a new device that doesnt seem to pick up reservations)