Problem with "The Event" Monday 25th

Started by IanHamilton, October 26, 2010, 03:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanHamilton

I had this scheduled to record and have a 20 minute buffer at the end. It ended up recording only 50 minutes so it looks like my Topfield thought it was only 30 minutes long. Did anyone lese have problems?

csutak40

Quote from: IanHamilton on October 26, 2010, 03:09:03 PM
I had this scheduled to record and have a 20 minute buffer at the end. It ended up recording only 50 minutes so it looks like my Topfield thought it was only 30 minutes long. Did anyone lese have problems?

I just checked - haven't watched it yet - I do seem to have all of it
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tvmandan

I also had it scheduled to record. When I came to look at my windows 7 computer this morning it had crashed over night straight after the recording. I checked and the recording length was too short and the show was labeled as something entirely different. I don't know what happened?! Luckily there's an encore screening on Thursday night.

prl

Quote from: tvmandan on October 26, 2010, 07:15:46 PM
... there's an encore screening on Thursday night.
I love the inventive ways that TV stations re-label repeats.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tvmandan

Quote from: prl on October 27, 2010, 09:10:27 AM
Haha. It's like when you start watching a new prime-time series and after a few weeks they advertise it as "moving to an all new time, 11:30pm on Monday nights". Aka "we're axing this show really soon".

csutak40

Quote from: tvmandan on October 27, 2010, 05:48:02 PM
Quote from: prl on October 27, 2010, 09:10:27 AM
Haha. It's like when you start watching a new prime-time series and after a few weeks they advertise it as "moving to an all new time, 11:30pm on Monday nights". Aka "we're axing this show really soon".

Once upon a time (before VCRs, let alone PVRs or IceTV or even the Web were invented) I used to get real frustrated about all the time changes.  I, and my friends could never figure out who the people were that made up the ratings.  Seemingly, every show that we liked (and that included all the people I worked with, not just my friends) got the move to late night, and skip it every time there was an important donkey race  ;D  to be broadcast instead.  Then soon after they would ax it.  If you phoned them up to complain, they would say, "it wasn't very popular".  Telling them that very few people will stick with a show that is shown late at night and even then, not necessarily every week, so we decided that they had their own reason why they decided to ax certain shows and then they would make sure that them saying that it wasn't popular would become a self fulfilling prophecy
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on October 28, 2010, 02:58:28 AM
Once upon a time (before VCRs, let alone PVRs or IceTV or even the Web were invented) I used to get real frustrated about all the time changes.  I, and my friends could never figure out who the people were that made up the ratings.  Seemingly, every show that we liked (and that included all the people I worked with, not just my friends) got the move to late night, and skip it every time there was an important donkey race  ;D  to be broadcast instead.  Then soon after they would ax it.  If you phoned them up to complain, they would say, "it wasn't very popular".  Telling them that very few people will stick with a show that is shown late at night and even then, not necessarily every week, so we decided that they had their own reason why they decided to ax certain shows and then they would make sure that them saying that it wasn't popular would become a self fulfilling prophecy

To paraphrase a well-known saying: "Ratings aren't important. Ratings are everything!" The point of moving a poorly performing (in a ratings sense) program into the graveyard shift is to allow another program that they hope will do better into its more valuable timeslot. If that annoys a small, but dedicated, fan base, they don't care.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing