IceLink Ping Test Failed

Started by mestophalies, January 01, 2009, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mestophalies

I have just purchased the 7100 and a new Belkin N Wireless Modemn Router (F5D8636-4).
After much frustration and reading through these forums, I finally got everything bar the IceLink ping test working.
I have set up a new interactive device in my account. Although this point from IceTvs Set up page did not occur
"there will now be a number next to the device you just added (in this case it will be "ID: 0"), also a new box will appear just in case you want to add a second device (if you only have one device to use with IceTV Interactive for remote recording purposes just leave this new box blank)"
I do have another divice (Eye TV on MAC) set up and it was working 90% with the odd schedule being missed.
I have set up the network fine. I finally set it up in static form.
I have set up ftp fine, it is working through Opera browser and Cyberduck App.
I have succesfuly pinged the Toppy from the MAC and vice versa.

With all of these connection showing positive, I am still getting failures when setting up Ice as EPG.
I select ICE TV as guide type, I correctly put in my username and password (re checked a millions times).
It will not offer me a "Device Type" to select, so it shows "None"
Every time I test IceLink Ping it back with "Testing IceTV Guide Failed"

Any help would be great, as being New Years both Topppy and ICE are shut.

mwbradford

I am also having fun and games... 
I know you have checked username and password but - the keyboard for entering passwords and usernames defaults to uppercase, yu have to select 'other' to get lowercase - this caught me out for a while...

mestophalies

did, that.
felt like changing all associated usernames and passwords to "A" because I was entering them so many times.

plato

Thanks this just solved a six month old problem...upper case v lower case.... now I'm good....this needs to be incorporated in the instructions to ensure the userID and password is in the correct case.

Lisey

we got that - then the infamous 'wirelss usb not found' message soon after

in my experience after purchasing this unit you should:

wait for your dongle to overheat in about a month
ask for a new dongle
return unit for weeks for repair
they'll send it back and say its fine
in a week your dongle will overheat
you ask for a new dongle
which overheats
you return the unit again
they send back saying its fine
the dongle overheats
you ask for a new dongle again
the dongle overheats
you sent unit back again
they say cannot find anything wrong and they replace the motherboard
then as soon as you get it back the dongle overheats and the thing is as useless as it ever was

you then crack it
go to officeworks and spend $80 on a wireless ethernet adaptor to trick the machine into thinking its plugged into a cat5
and vow to never ever purhcase a topfield again due to their crummy service

I hope you dont expereince this