Formula1 Descriptions!!!

Started by dJOS, July 02, 2006, 11:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Cmon guy's please lift your game:

QuoteMonday 03/07/2006 at 03:45

MOTOR SPORT: 2006 Formula One Grand Prix Round 10 - USA

Racing at the 'Brickyard' the fabulous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the 2006 FIA Formula 1 World Championship will give the McLaren-Mercedes team yet another opportunity to extend their dominance in the sport. Since their founder, Bruce McLaren won the inaugural US Grand Prix, McLaren has been the most successful Formula 1 Constructor, winning a total of 9 times since 1966. This year contestants include Kimi Raikkonen, Juan Pablo Montoya, Martin Whitmarsh and Norbert Haug.

Seriously guys, the Macca's haven't dominated anything this year! They might have had the fastest car last year but Kimi's Macca broke so often that Alonso waltzed off with the title in his indestructible Renault.

This year the Renault continues to dominate with Alonso at the wheel although Michael Schumacher is still in with a shot of winning the world drivers championship in his Ferrari - this mornings USGP qualifying was a white-wash for Ferrari so the game is still wide open.

Unfortunately this year the Macca's have been either to slow or too unreliable and the same, but worse, goes for Williams F1.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

mtb

Have to admit that I noticed the same thing.  However, for the somewhat Ford/Holden V8 obsessed typical Ozzie, F1 isn't normally on the radar and the above description would be meaningless whether accurate or not.  If this is the information IceTV have been given they can't be expected to research the accuracy of every programme in the guide.

Frankly, so long as they get the timing correct (hint, hint!), I don't care if the extended information is not up to spec. each week.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks for the F1 feedback and whether widely watched or not, we'd stil like to get it right. We gave someone else a crack at writing it this week. What can I say? She has been executed :) There are no Motor Racing experts here at Ice, so anything you read in descriptions is researched .... seems we got this one wrong. Apologies. I might point out that the previous F1 Rounds on IceGuide had a whole lot more information than other Guides ...... as with most of the other Motor Sport. (maybe you could send us in your F1 previews - the pay is lousy though)

dJOS

I suggest you good folk at Ice read the http://www.crash.net/home~cid~1.htm "previews" on the upcoming F1 event for inspiration.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

mexiwi

Quote from: mtb on July 02, 2006, 12:10:40 PMFrankly, so long as they get the timing correct (hint, hint!)

Yes, missed the first hour of the USGP as the Ice time was an hour late, my fault for not checking.

mtb

Not their fault, Ten stuffed up - see my other post.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP