Random Shows recording

Started by marcusstringer, October 20, 2010, 07:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcusstringer

Is anyone else getting random shows showing in the guide as a scheduled record?

For example I was scanning through the guide tonight, as I'm still in the process of resetting all my series recordings, and Two and a Half Men had the record symbol next to it.
since I've never recorded 2 1/2 men before, ever, this has made me check and recheck all my settings.

This is not the first time either, it's every now and then there is a random record show up...

I've just had to open a new tab and type in the icetv website (seriously guys...put a link back from here to your webite, please) and I haven't got any of these shows set...

Strange

Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

Minuet9

Do  you have any keyword records set up?
I had some strange things turn  up in  my recorded  tv  and then  figured out that  they were keyword records -  I got an  episode of some soapie because it had the words  patrol and boat in  the write up for example.

tonymy01

Also as has been discussed before, when ICE detects a schedule change within the 5day window of the show, the timer will have already been sent to the PVR for the old schedule, and it seems ICE don't do the housekeeping behind them when they alter the show timeslot, so the timer for the old timeslot will remain behind in your PVR, and because your PVR tells ICE "I have a timer at time XXX channel YYY", ICE thinks now you want to record the new show at that timeslot, and shows a red dot in the guide as a result.   You can go into the (web or sometimes widget) guide and see what the match result was (e.g. keyword, series recording etc) to give some more hints about why the timer might be there.

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

marcusstringer

Oh ok... I don't have any keyword searches set, never even looked at their direction... I guess the schedule change seems valid, I suppose it's the only reason considering how random the show choice is
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au