Modern Family Series Recording Issue

Started by Trial_Master, September 28, 2010, 10:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

I have Modern Family set up as a Series Recording for 'First Runs Only' but My Week is showing two Repeat Shows on sunday night 6:30pm & 7:00pm both scheduled to record? I tried saving the My Shows entry again but made no difference.

dwids

Quote from: Trial_Master on September 28, 2010, 10:15:36 AM
I have Modern Family set up as a Series Recording for 'First Runs Only' but My Week is showing two Repeat Shows on sunday night 6:30pm & 7:00pm both scheduled to record? I tried saving the My Shows entry again but made no difference.

I think there is something funny with the data. I tried to replicate your error, just as a test.  

After the Series Record set up, Modern Family does not appear at all in My Week.  I'd expect it to, but with the grey "Series Recording (Show Not Included)" icon.  I have Mythbusters set up the same way, but it does appear in My Week.

Just noticed: In My Shows I look at the Series Details and Upcoming Episodes link for Modern Family, it does appear with the grey icon there.  But not in My Week.  

csutak40

Quote from: Trial_Master on September 28, 2010, 10:15:36 AM

Well. FWIW, I also tape first run only.  Last Sunday one out of the two was taped, (I just started watching it) but it turned out to be a repeat.  Watching the padding/starting of the second episode, was a repeat as well.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Trial_Master

Both Modern Familes for this coming Sunday marked in Interactive as Repeats are now scheduled to record and timers have downloaded? Interactive is ignoring the First Run Only selection in the Series Recording. Sounds like ICE need to look at Interactive and fix.

CapnStoobie

melmac

This is also happening on the show The Event, I have it set to record new eps only, the interative shows the ep on tonight at 10.30 as a repeat and yet it has set itself to record

Trial_Master

Funny that ICE has not made comment in this thread (maybe they're busy fixing these issues)? Anyway I have found a band aid fix, not ideal as it doesn't explain why it happened in the first place but at least it fixes the issue.

Go to My Shows and select the Series Recording that is scheduling repeat recordings even though you have selected First Runs Only, change it to First Runs & Repeats and click Save Changes. Then change it back to First Runs Only and Save Changes and you should see the Grey Doughnut in My Shows.