New channels for TED/S

Started by csutak40, September 26, 2010, 12:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I am probably the last person that still uses Toppy 500K and TED/S.  John has certainly given up on his "clients"  The last email from him was a year ago, giving instructions on how to set up 7TWO.  I have actually written to him with a problem months ago, didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.  I wish I knew programming, so that I could use something different.  However, to the subject at hand.

I need to set up the two new channels, and I know that I need the conversion text, and I know that it can be found somewhere on the IceTV site, but I can't remember where.

John's post last October said:

You need to edit IceGuide.ini rather than Central.ini. Instead of adding 7TWO^72 you must add nnn^72 where ‘nnn’ is the unique number that IceTV assigns to channel 7TWO in their data. I don’t have an IceTV subscription so you will need to check with IceTV for that number.
Use Notepad to edit TS.ini. Add IDn=7TWO,72,+ to the [ChannelInfo] section (where ‘n’ is the next number in sequence).

The ini file looks like this atm

Channel.Conversions=9^2|36^22|6^7|7^9|2405^72|8^10|10^3|32^32|90^20|91^90|92^30|93^70|94^1|1697^12|2390^99

And the TS.ini looks like this

[ChannelInfo]
ID1=ABC1,2,+
ID2=ABC2,22,+
ID3=Seven,7,+
ID4=Nine,9,+
ID5=TEN,10,+
ID6=SBS 1,3,+
ID7=SBS 2,32,+
ID8=ABC HD,20,+,HD
ID9=Nine HD,90,+,HD
ID10=SBS HD,30,+,HD
ID11=7HD,70,+,HD
ID12=TEN HD,1,+,HD
ID13=GO!,99,+
ID14=7TWO,72,+

I didn't bother with the last Channel 2 change, so that would also be wrong

Could someone help, please?

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

chrisb

I'm an Ex-TEDS user so i'm happy to look at your config, but I think the first issue here is that both GEM and 7mate are in HD, so the Toppy won't be able to display them.

So first step, do a channel retune  and I think you'll find the Toppy doesn't want to display them. GEM shouldn't need a retune on 90, but 7mate does.

csutak40

Quote from: chrisb on September 26, 2010, 02:13:02 PM
I'm an Ex-TEDS user so i'm happy to look at your config, but I think the first issue here is that both GEM and 7mate are in HD, so the Toppy won't be able to display them.

So first step, do a channel retune  and I think you'll find the Toppy doesn't want to display them. GEM shouldn't need a retune on 90, but 7mate does.

It will let you scan them, because you can actually record from the HD channels, if you want to transfer it to your PC or something.  I like having them in TEDS, just so I know what programs are coming up, not to record them with the Toppy.  In fact, I just had a look and Toppy (was going to run a retune, before finishing this post) is already showing them by name in the TV Services list.
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Well, I think I figured it out (haven't tested it yet).  Thought I'd post it here, in case there is one more person, besides me, left in need of this info.   ;D  I found and old post in the UK Forum, which is what I was looking for, but couldn't find it earlier:

Go to www.icetv.com.au  and log into your account then go to the My Account page (the page where you select your region and channels), then right click on that page and select View Source. Search for "channel_id_guide" and go from there.

I discovered, btw, that TEDS was already showing all the HD channels, but with the wrong names.  It is showing 7HD (an 70, not 73) but the programming seems to be correct.  So, I changed the two ini files as follows:

Channel.Conversions=9^2|36^22|6^7|7^9|2405^72|8^10|10^3|32^32|90^20|91^90|92^30|93^73|94^1|1697^12|2390^99

[ChannelInfo]
ID1=ABC1,2,+
ID2=ABC2,22,+
ID3=Seven,7,+
ID4=Nine,9,+
ID5=TEN,10,+
ID6=SBS 1,3,+
ID7=SBS 2,32,+
ID8=ABC News 24,20,+,HD
ID9=GEM,90,+,HD
ID10=SBS HD,30,+,HD
ID11=7mate,73,+,HD
ID12=ONE HD,1,+,HD
ID13=GO!,99,+
ID14=7TWO,72,+
ID15=ONE Digital,12,+

Here is hoping I've got it right  ::)

Cheers,
Judy

gibster

Let us know if that works. I've got to configure my TED.ini file  for 7mate but haven't been able to find any listings for it yet in the .xml file downloaded from the Ice site. Guess it's still to early for them to be putting the data in it.

By the way, I'm using TED/S with a 2400 and have been for quite a while. I'll probably go to Ice Interactive with the next firmware upgrade. Still had to many failed timers to rely on the feature. I know they are set with TED/S so have been more then happy using it.

Just wish we could have gotten John to continue support with the new Toppy.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

csutak40

Quote from: gibster on September 28, 2010, 12:48:00 AM
Let us know if that works. I've got to configure my TED.ini file  for 7mate but haven't been able to find any listings for it yet in the .xml file downloaded from the Ice site. Guess it's still to early for them to be putting the data in it.

By the way, I'm using TED/S with a 2400 and have been for quite a while. I'll probably go to Ice Interactive with the next firmware upgrade. Still had to many failed timers to rely on the feature. I know they are set with TED/S so have been more then happy using it.

Just wish we could have gotten John to continue support with the new Toppy.

gib

Yes, it is working so far.  :P

I must say I am very disappointed in John, especially as I am a paying customer and he doesn't even reply to emails any longer and I noticed that his website is still up, still offering subscriptions >:(
Cheers,
Judy

gibster

Csutak40, are you seeing any listings for Gem and 7mate yet? I still can't find any listings in the .xml file, but I can see them on the Ice site. So can't figure out why they are not being downloaded.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

csutak40

Quote from: gibster on October 02, 2010, 09:23:50 PM
Csutak40, are you seeing any listings for Gem and 7mate yet? I still can't find any listings in the .xml file, but I can see them on the Ice site. So can't figure out why they are not being downloaded.

gib

I can.  I think it is just that you need to change the names in the TS.ini
Cheers,
Judy

mgm

Quote from: csutak40 on September 26, 2010, 12:16:32 AM
I am probably the last person that still uses Toppy 500K and TED/S.  John has certainly given up on his "clients"  The last email from him was a year ago, giving instructions on how to set up 7TWO.  I have actually written to him with a problem months ago, didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.

I'm still using my 5000 and TED/S. My subscription runs out in December and I am concerned that John won't be able to provide a new key to allow me to continue using it past then. Has anyone got any ideas for a TED/S replacement?

mgm

csutak40

Quote from: mgm on October 03, 2010, 09:30:24 PM

I'm still using my 5000 and TED/S. My subscription runs out in December and I am concerned that John won't be able to provide a new key to allow me to continue using it past then. Has anyone got any ideas for a TED/S replacement?

mgm

Yeah, mine runs out in December too.  I have no idea what to do.  The Ted website is still up http://home.exetel.com.au/trappett/teds/, still offering it for sale, but the link form TEDS takes you this this site http://teds.trappett.com/  Which ends up being an US reverse phone number directory  ???

He isn't replying emails, so I wonder if he would reply if you paid him money.  Very disappointing   :o  I really think that it would be basic politeness to at least let us know what his plans are and reply to emails.  Not happy, Jan!   >:(  I honestly don't know what to do after December.  As far as I know, the only replacements (I know Tony is using something that requires programming know how) require more technical knowledge than I posses.    :'(
Cheers,
Judy

Paul

Hi guys, I'm also having problems with the new channels (mind you, I haven't spent more than a few mins trying to work it out!). That is disappointing about John. I know at one stage he was on the beyonwiz forum www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/index.php. Maybe someone there could help you find him

Good luck, Paul.

tonymy01

I have been using perlTGD for years now, definitely a good option for those with SLUGs or ICEboxes hooked up to the Toppy (no longer need the PC software side of it, which used to give bizarre errors like "Error 246 in line 233" etc...).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

csutak40

Well, seems John is still around, just received an email (not in reply to my post, just a generic one on how to add the new channels)
Cheers,
Judy

tonymy01

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).