7mate & GEM issues - Melbourne

Started by tvmandan, September 18, 2010, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

"Puerile and childish". Do love a good tautology. ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jcritch73

Now I am confused. I have all guides for 9, GEM and GO, but with 7 something doesn't seem right or I am missing something. On My Account I have ticked 7, 7TWO and 7Mate, with their LCNs to send. On my ICE guide on  the EPG though I still have 70HD as well as 7Mate. They are showing different program. Is this right, did I just miss something.

grampus

Quote from: jcritch73 on September 26, 2010, 10:08:41 AM
Now I am confused. I have all guides for 9, GEM and GO, but with 7 something doesn't seem right or I am missing something. On My Account I have ticked 7, 7TWO and 7Mate, with their LCNs to send. On my ICE guide on  the EPG though I still have 70HD as well as 7Mate. They are showing different program. Is this right, did I just miss something.
Currently (12:30PM)
7 and 70 HD are showing the X factor
72 is showing Don't Knock The Twist
73 Mate is showing Major Payne

The Ice web site is correct,
The FTA EPG is correct.
I'll have to wait 1/2 an our so to restore the Ice EPG.
But I won't be here to check it out.

My Ice account has every service checked as "all"

Edit, The IceTV EPG has shown that 70 HD is Major Payne, should be X Factor.
It may be there's something wrong in the delivery from Ice.
Seems like Mate has been associated with 70 as well as 73.
Where it should be 7 and 70 associated.
BeyonWiz, T3

buzzdude

I have checked my account details and all channels are list expect 7HD.  I have associated 7mate with 73 (three options available 70, 73 and all).  Would appear Ice needs to add an additional channel for 7HD to enable it to be associated to LCN 70.

At this stage my PVR shows 7mate data for both 7HD (70) and 7mate (73).

Shane

prl

Quote from: grampus on September 26, 2010, 12:43:33 PM

70 "HD" and 73 7mate certainly won't both be HD if they are showing different material. 70 will simply be a clone of 7, both pointing at the same SD content streams. There isn't enough bandwidth to carry 2 HD and 2 SD content streams. There's only a total of about 23Mb/s available.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: prl on September 26, 2010, 03:20:11 PM
Quote from: grampus on September 26, 2010, 12:43:33 PM

70 "HD" and 73 7mate certainly won't both be HD if they are showing different material. 70 will simply be a clone of 7, both pointing at the same SD content streams. There isn't enough bandwidth to carry 2 HD and 2 SD content streams. There's only a total of about 23Mb/s available.
aahh Peter, I'll just have to stop using old information.
Should have not said HD, just a hangover from when it was known as an HD channel.  Whether it delivered it or not is another thing.

Currently LCN's 7, 70, 71 are the same show.
LCN 72, and 73 have different shows.

FTA EPG is correct.

IceTV is delivering the wrong information to us here in Melbourne at least.

It shows incorrectly that EPG info for LCN's  73 and 70 as having the same show.  Which is incorrect
LCN 7 is correct
LCN 70 should have the same info as LCN 7.
LCN 71 is blank, probably no argument there, but if it was there, it should be the same as LCN 7, 70.
LCN 72 is correct.
LCN 73 is correct.
What I am saying is that if there is going to be an EPG delivered for LCN, 70, then it should at least be correct.

In case there are any queries re rescanning etc,
I deleted all services, then did a full rescan. 
The first delete was superfluous.  nevertheless, may as well go the full 9 yards.

BeyonWiz, T3

cbm8880

Ok, I had the same issues (70 had 7 programs showing with 7Mate EPG and 73 (7Mate) was blank) and have resolved it as such.

I did partial scan on ch6 & ch8 (Network 7 and 9) on my Beyonwiz, and then deletd channels so that I was only left with :
7 - 7 Digital
72 - 7Two
73 - 7Mate
9 - Nine Digital
90 - Gem
99 - Go

After deleting the other channels I did an Ice EPG purge and reload, which now has everything working again.

I hope that this helps anyone else with this issue.

tonymy01

Hi ICE,
I have a number of 7mate timers setup already by ICE, but they were set for 70, not 73.   As you probably know (now!) is that 7 ditched 70 (making it a copy of 7) and 73 is the new mate channel... which means the timers are set for the wrong channel.   I have changed my account information from "all" to 73, but you should probably remove 70 now from the all option, as timers appear to be set for the first channel in the "all" list.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

grampus

Quote from: tonymy01 on September 27, 2010, 08:22:42 PM
Hi ICE,
I have a number of 7mate timers setup already by ICE, but they were set for 70, not 73.   As you probably know (now!) is that 7 ditched 70 (making it a copy of 7) and 73 is the new mate channel... which means the timers are set for the wrong channel.   I have changed my account information from "all" to 73, but you should probably remove 70 now from the all option, as timers appear to be set for the first channel in the "all" list.
Regards
me three.
I had Boston Legal on 7Mate (73) scheduled.
But the timer turned up on 70 on my Bwiz.
I don't think I should have to go into my Ice options to resolve the issue, but I guess I will.
BeyonWiz, T3

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

It appears that there was an error in the channel configuration, we should not have had 70 & 73 associated with 7mate, this has been corrected (also for regional areas 60 & 63 were configured rather than just 60). I apologise for the inconvenience hopefully everything will be fine from now.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

grampus

Quote from: Daniel Drysdale at IceTV on September 28, 2010, 09:41:16 AM
It appears that there was an error in the channel configuration, we should not have had 70 & 73 associated with 7mate, this has been corrected (also for regional areas 60 & 63 were configured rather than just 60). I apologise for the inconvenience hopefully everything will be fine from now.
Thankee :)
BeyonWiz, T3