Setup for GO! repeat screenings not to record

Started by timaa, September 17, 2010, 08:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timaa

I have a recording set up for Star Trek DS9 on GO!, but each episode shows twice in 24 hours, and I don't want to record both. Since all the episodes are marked as repeats, I can't use that as the filter.

I started by just deleting the second showing each week from my recordings list, but now I'm trying the "Record 1 per day" setting, which should work.

What I'm concerned about is that if GO! changes the schedule of shows (which seems to happen often) and starts showing double episodes, I will miss episodes being recorded.

Is there a way to record the "first current showing" of a show when it is already marked as a repeat for all episodes?

prl

This is one of the few instances where the "Limit" option on series recordings actually does something useful. Set it to Record 1 per day.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

But read their second paragraph... if Nein changes the Go! schedule to put 2 eps back to back, then ICE will only record the 1st... it is a bit tough really to know how to deal with this all (unless ICE uses a tiny bit more intelligence about what it sets timers for).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

timaa

Just realised that 'record 1' won't work, since the second DS9 repeat showing is on a different day - rather annoying!

timaa

This is going to be a bigger problem than I thought - 7mate is showing multiple showings of old shows, and unless you record them all, there is no way for IceTV to just record the first showings.