Cannot get guide for ABC1 or ABCNews24 on BeyondWiz DP-2

Started by Jim_Gutherson, August 16, 2010, 01:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Gutherson

Ever since the start of ABCNews24 I have not been able to get guide content for ABC1 or ABCNews24. Prior to that things had been fine. I am located in Orange and have had the region set to Wollongong but changing this does not help. Any ideas anyone?

tonymy01

Did you enable DCM while on an ABC channel,  and wait till it says "service updated" and then disable DCM (or leave it enabled if you want and understand if it moves channels around it could mean losing your channel from faves/epg/timers if the broadcaster shuffles things around a bit).  

The reason I am asking is that ABC LCN20 (old ABCHD) got moved to LCN24 & renamed... and if you haven't rescanned the ABC frequency or let DCM do its "dynamic channel management" tricks, then ICE will still see you have LCN20 and no LCN24 and so won't be sending you EPG or timers.   I would suggest if you don't want to give DCM a shot, to delete LCN20 from the PVR (go into the live TV viewing, and press list on the remote, and then choose the onscreen prompts to delete LCN20), and then do a partial scan for the ABC frequency in your area (e.g. in Sydney it is VHF12).   If you have duplicate ABC channels or anything weird from scanning while having channels in that shouldn't be there (e.g. LCN20), it can confuse the Wiz and how it processes the EPG data.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

blip

If you want to rescan the ABC it is UHF channel 36 in Orange.

tonymy01

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Jim_Gutherson

Sorry mate. I enabled DCM and now I am getting the guide downloaded - however I was a bit premature as the scheduled recordings are not working. I'll try removing LCN20 and scanning ABC again.