Google Chrome

Started by tvmandan, August 19, 2010, 09:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvmandan

It appears that the new IceTV website doesn't render properly on Google's Chrome browser. It's a shame as I enjoy using that browser and would rather not have to swap.
Cheers,
Dan

Russell at IceTV

Is there a particular page that's not working for you?

Also, which version of  Chrome do you have?

Thanks,
Russell

jillmess

I have the same problem - Google Chrome version 5.0.375.126.  On the Interactive page - the tabs just appear as clickable links (in text) on the left of the screen.  Clicking them does actually bring up the guide, my week etc BUT you have to scroll waaaaaaaay down through a blank white box to get to see the detail.

Jill

Russell at IceTV

Hmm, that's really strange, because I tested it just now with the exact same version and it looks ok to me.

I wonder if you're seeing parts of the old web site, still cached in your browser?  You can clear the cache and see if that helps:

In Chrome, click the button on the far right of the location bar, select Options, and change to the "Under the Hood" tab.  Then click "Clear browsing data".  Clear all the checkboxes except "Empty the cache", select "Last week" in the box at the bottom, and then click the "Clear browsing data" button.  Then click Close, and reload the page to see if it helps.

Russell

jillmess

Thanks Russell - that fixed it.  I didn't think to do that as I am in the process of setting up a new laptop and only started installing stuff (including Chrome) on it yesterday.

I am guessing the new website is still a work in progress as the link to the Cool Room from the TV Guide page takes me to an "Oops! We can't find the page you're looking for."

Jill

Russell at IceTV

Good to hear!

And yes, we're still working on bits and pieces of the new web site today.  Thanks for letting us know about the Cool Room link -- it's fixed now. :-)

Russell

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 20, 2010, 07:40:09 AM
... Thanks for letting us know about the Cool Room link -- it's fixed now. :-)

Russell
That was me, in a different topic :)

But thanks for fixing it anyway!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tvmandan

Clearing the cache works for me too. Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Dan