Plea to ICE for a generic Remote device

Started by markb, December 02, 2007, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtb

Just seen this thread.  I too am waiting (since Feb. last year) for the API to come out to see if I can use it to create an iGoogle widget - embodies the Ice but rendered into any personalised iGoogle homepage.  Don't use the Yahoo widget framework and don't have Apple stuff so I'm stuck with the full Ice webpage, plus want it to work on Linux.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

foddrick

Any further news on this? Is the project still in progress?

futzle

I have cut IceTV some slack with respect to new features while the court case was underway, on the assumption that their priorities were elsewhere.  Now that the court case is done, I'd be very interested to know whether opening the API is something they are still committed to.

pixelassembly

In December 2007 ...
QuoteI'm sorry I can't give you any more details but the API is still under heavy development and the technical details may change before we release it.

Please be patient for just a little longer, I guarantee it will be worth the wait...

I'm wondering if a release of this is still a remote possibility.
... and what the nature of that guarantee was ;)

prl

Quote from: pixelassembly on September 04, 2009, 08:08:09 AM

In December 2007 ...
QuoteI'm sorry I can't give you any more details but the API is still under heavy development and the technical details may change before we release it.

Please be patient for just a little longer, I guarantee it will be worth the wait...

I'm wondering if a release of this is still a remote possibility.
... and what the nature of that guarantee was ;)

I can't see it happening before the Windows widget is fixed. Which, by the way ...
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

deangelj

Mmmm, more than 12 months later - are we any closer guys?