Strong 5492 problems galore with icetv

Started by jeisner, August 29, 2010, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeisner

OK first time I entered the settings it said 'authorised' and was downloading some channels but had 'no information' for ABC1, SBS2, SBS3 and ONE HD..

It was ok apart from the missing channels until I turned it off and back on again, then it said 'unauthised' and refuses to authorise again..

I am running the latest firmware 1.14

Anyone have things working with this device? it seems to be well known to be full of bugs if you read forums like whirlpool or dtvforum.. Now they are releasing a new model? so I guess they can forget about this one?

jeisner

OK I have tried the latest beta firmware also (1.15) and that has exactly the same problem, ICETV is unusable on my Strong 5492..

EDIT: I have also tried rescanning all the channels.

parok

mine works fine for 4 or 5 weeks then suddenly I lose all scheduled recordings and the settings show I am unauthorised!

mjbail

HELP! I've got a strong 5492 and keep having problems with the EPG. It all runs fine for a week and then no new data appears for the EPG. I can overcome this by doing the whole setup again, but then it still just works for a week and then no more EPG data.
Can anyone please explain what I need to do to make sure the new EPG data comes through? icetv customer support have not been helpful and continuously suggest re-setup. Does this have something to do with fetching and do I have to install something extra to make that work? I am only asking this because when I log into icetv on my pc it tells me "You've never fetched the EPG". And I have no idea what fetching is, let alone how to do it!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!