Interactive Recordings all mixed up between my 2 BW

Started by Meppy, April 13, 2010, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meppy

I am posting this here and on BW forums...

I have a DP1 in the lounge for recordings and general TV, and in the office I have a H1 with a small USB key for watching TV and shows over the network (from the Lounge and my NAS).

Tonight we come home expecting there to be a number of recordings in the lounge only to find chaos.  The Office H1 is recording a couple of shows to the USB key that is rapidly running out of space, it has a red triangle with exclamation on the screen and the Lounge has not recorded anything, so we have missed a heap of shows.

I check interactive and the show that is recording right now is set for Office which is just weird, but all the others are set to record on Lounge, and most have the yellow exclamation mark next to them but one show has recorded on the Office H1 despite it being set to Lounge in interactive.

So I am again interrupting my work to deal with stupid BW problems (daylight savings was painful enough).  Grrr.  Anyone having similar problems or know what has happened?

Meppy

OK so it turns out my Lounge P1 didn't renew it's DHCP properly when I turned it off and on and so didn't pick-up the Gateway change I made recently.  So it wasn't talking to the network.

Now what I didn't realise was that this would mean it would try and record to the other device even though it doesn't really have a hard drive.

So this time round it was my bad... oops :)  I apologised to my BW already for swearing at it and threatening it with the remote.

awoodsicetv

I'm having a similar problem.
I have two Beyonwiz machines, an S1 and a P1. 
Most of my recordings are set to record on the S1 which has the larger drive, but some shows which are very clearly set in IceTV to record on the S1 are recording on the P1 instead.
Is anyone else still encountering such a problem?

grampus

Quote from: awoodsicetv on September 10, 2010, 11:43:58 PM
Most of my recordings are set to record on the S1 which has the larger drive, but some shows which are very clearly set in IceTV to record on the S1 are recording on the P1 instead.
yes, I have.
I have reported this to Beyonwiz.  Who were emailing a query off to the developers.
But as yet had no feedback.
I recall a thread or 2 about this some time back in the BW forum.
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: grampus on September 11, 2010, 07:53:23 AM
yes, I have.
I have reported this to Beyonwiz.  Who were emailing a query off to the developers.
They also posted about it in the Beyonwiz beta tester's forum :) One suggested workaround there was to change the IceTV device ID on the Beyonwizes, then change it back.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: prl on September 11, 2010, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: grampus on September 11, 2010, 07:53:23 AM
yes, I have.
They also posted about it in the Beyonwiz beta tester's forum :) One suggested workaround there was to change the IceTV device ID on the Beyonwizes, then change it back.
If the post was only in the last few days, then it may have been after I talked with BW support during this last week about the problem.

On my devices, (devicii?) the problem only manifests itself on an intermittent basis.  Sometimes goes for a week or so before I notice it.
I'm not sure if changing the ID on the BW would resolve this permanently, and if that's the requirement to resolve it, how do you predict when to do this?
I'm assuming what is meant that is that you select the opposing device in the setup, and then immediately reselect the correct one?

I talked with support at IceTV, and they suggested that the BW was causing this when doing the scheduler fetch by inadvertantly selecting the first device in the list (ID0), when it should select the second one (ID1).   This would mean that the second device in the list would be receiving the timers that should go to the first device.

This is just for info only, probably wont help us fix the problem
Apparently. the request identifies which of the devices Ice tables to pull the timers from, by ID number, not device name.
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: grampus on September 11, 2010, 02:13:10 PM
If the post was only in the last few days, then it may have been after I talked with BW support during this last week about the problem.
It was in the last few days, and they said it was in response to a user enquiry, so I assumed it could well have been you.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

awoodsicetv

In parallel with my forum post on 10 September (above) I also lodged a help request to IceTV.

They quickly came back with the following suggestion:
QuoteI'd say what's happening is both your S1 and P1 are talking to our servers using the same device ID (the one for the S1).
Can you check your P1 in the IceGuide page and make sure the device there is listed as "Beyonwiz P1"? If not, please change it.

Indeed checking my P1, under SETUP->IceGuide->Select Device, nothing was selected.
When I first tried to select something, there was nothing in the list. 
A few minutes later, I tried again and "Beyonwiz S1" and "Beyonwiz P1" were listed and hence I was able to select "Beyonwiz P1".

Time will tell whether this solves the problem...  fingers crossed.  ;-)

grampus

Quote from: awoodsicetv on September 15, 2010, 01:38:07 AM
In parallel with my forum post on 10 September (above) I also lodged a help request to IceTV.

They quickly came back with the following suggestion:
QuoteI'd say what's happening is both your S1 and P1 are talking to our servers using the same device ID (the one for the S1).
Can you check your P1 in the IceGuide page and make sure the device there is listed as "Beyonwiz P1"? If not, please change it.

Indeed checking my P1, under SETUP->IceGuide->Select Device, nothing was selected.
When I first tried to select something, there was nothing in the list. 
A few minutes later, I tried again and "Beyonwiz S1" and "Beyonwiz P1" were listed and hence I was able to select "Beyonwiz P1".

Time will tell whether this solves the problem...  fingers crossed.  ;-)
In my case, my two devices are listed differently.
Beyonwiz S1, and Beyonwiz DP-Lite.
The problem only occurred randomly, and maybe a week or so between occurrences.
BeyonWiz, T3