ABC HD already showing different programming to ABC1

Started by marnott, July 07, 2010, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marnott

Hi,

Is it only Brisbane that is already getting different content on ABC HD than on ABC1 (SD)? 

ABC HD in Brisbane seems to be showing a looping ABC News 24 promo reel.

What's the easiest way to fix my "record series" lists to start using ABC1 (SD) instead of ABC HD and resend the changes to my PVR?

I've already missed one (minor) show and I don't really want to miss any more.

Thanks in advance ...

-- Mike A

Happy_aussie

Just beat me ... apparently Adelade is on a loop soon to be followed by Perth today.  Hopefully ICE will stop ABCHD listings so mine can default to ABC1 (I usually have prefer HD so I'm assuming that all my series should automatically switch to ABC1

GB!

ps YAHOO TV guide seems to me up to date ..
Darwin and Tassie also seem to have lost ABCHD

http://www.mediaspy.org/forum/index.php?/topic/19137-abc-news-24/page__pid__710079__st__700#entry710079

Mitch IceGuide

Just noted that Sydney ABC-HD is still a simulcast of ABC1. However, I have an inquiry through to the ABC pending. Will get back asap. Thanks for the alert.

Mitch IceGuide

Update ....... It seems some areas are receiving a 1 minute loop tape on ABC-HD and some are not. Call it ABC internal testing.

We've decided the 'safest' option is to reflect that (look tape) in ALL areas of ABC-HD. Whether or not some areas are still seeing an ABC1 simulcast or not, sure as eggs very soon it will switch to their new ABC News Channel anyway. Those with 'HD preferred' recording options should be fine. It may pay to check though depending on your particular device.

Happy_aussie

Thanks Mitch ... (could have been a number of disgruntled customers ...)  ??? ;)

tonymy01

I have been manually switching mine over to ABCSD over the past couple of weeks anyway, as ABCHD has been putting the L&R stereo audio of their souce into the FL & FR of a fixed 5.1 AC3 signal, sounding completely horrid for anyone with more than a stereo speaker setup (who would have their setup to DPL or other surround decode of a stereo signal).   In fact, there hasn't been an ABCHD for, like, eternity in my books, as they rarely showed any real HD.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

grampus

Just noticed that all my ABCHD shows have now altered to ABC1 in IceTV, as scheduled, but not delivered.   (hole in the middle)

Powered up my BW, and checked. 
My timers were at ABCHD initially.
Then a few minutes later after the BW had shouted at IceTV, my timers were now set for ABC1.

Rechecked IceTV and all is as was.  (Scheduled recordings)

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

My understanding is that until ABC HD is shut down, it will be a national simulcast of NSW ABC1.

ABC News 24 (LCN 24) has started in the ACT. ABC HD has gone, and also the duplicate of ABC1 on LCN21. I just looked at News 24 and it was showing a promo of itself.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

The IceGuide for ACT ABC News 24 on my Beyonwiz seems to be a copy of ABC1 (NSW?). That's not what's showing on ABC News 24 in the ACT. It's more ABC News 24 Hour Promo.

There's no configuration entry for ABC News 24 in the ACT page in My Account>TV Guide, but the now-defunct ABC HD is still listed.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on July 07, 2010, 10:20:01 PM
The IceGuide for ACT ABC News 24 on my Beyonwiz seems to be a copy of ABC1 (NSW?). That's not what's showing on ABC News 24 in the ACT. It's more ABC News 24 Hour Promo.

There's no configuration entry for ABC News 24 in the ACT page in My Account>TV Guide, but the now-defunct ABC HD is still listed.

As of 8 July Topfield 7100 is showing "ABC News 24 Coming Soon" in the Ice EPG.

Confirm that there is still no listing for ABC News 24 in the TV Guide for the ACT region, but the entry for ABC HD is also reporting "ABC News 24 Coming Soon".

TSReader confirms that ABC has now either ditched ABC HD, or renamed it to ABC News 24, resolution 1280x720p, video framerate 50fps, maximum bitrate 1404900 bytes per second i.e. looks like the replacement for ABC HD.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on July 07, 2010, 04:05:37 PM
I have been manually switching mine over to ABCSD over the past couple of weeks anyway, as ABCHD has been putting the L&R stereo audio of their souce into the FL & FR of a fixed 5.1 AC3 signal, sounding completely horrid for anyone with more than a stereo speaker setup (who would have their setup to DPL or other surround decode of a stereo signal).   In fact, there hasn't been an ABCHD for, like, eternity in my books, as they rarely showed any real HD.

According to TSReader, audio for ABC News 24 is "AC3: Mode complete main Coding 2/0 L,R. IIRC that is the same as previously for ABC HD. I have never detected a 5.1 AC3 signal from ABC, I wish I had!! Don't get me started on the complete lack of surround sound on any channel in the ACT since about July last year, up until which time Channel 9 did broadcast some in WIN HD. Since the introduction of GO!, and 7TWO on Prime, I haven't even seen an HD logo on 9 or 7!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on July 08, 2010, 10:42:43 AM
TSReader confirms that ABC has now either ditched ABC HD, or renamed it to ABC News 24, resolution 1280x720p, video framerate 50fps, maximum bitrate 1404900 bytes per second i.e. looks like the replacement for ABC HD.

In the ACT, and I presume this will happen/has happened nationally, ABC HD (previously on LCN 20) has been replaced by ABC News 24 on LCN 24.

The ACT Web IceTV Guide and My Account>TV Guide page is still naming the service as ABC HD and on LCN 20, but it's now showing a 24-hour block of programming starting at midnight called ABC News 24 Coming Soon. It doesn't look as though other My Account setups have changed yet, either (but I only looked at a few).

Really such a waste of bit bandwidth doing news in HD.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

zoszos68

Did a rescan on Windows 7 and it put ABC News 24 on lcn 24 but I got no 21 and the radio channels went to 25 and 26.

So I scanned a sd stb and it put 2 21 22 23 24 200 201
But I cant see ABC News 24 as its in HD! Isn't it meant to be in sd?

Oh well That's freeview for you.
Kevin

Nomad

Quote from: zoszos68 on July 08, 2010, 03:20:56 PM
Did a rescan on Windows 7 and it put ABC News 24 on lcn 24 but I got no 21 and the radio channels went to 25 and 26.

So I scanned a sd stb and it put 2 21 22 23 24 200 201
But I cant see ABC News 24 as its in HD! Isn't it meant to be in sd?

Oh well That's freeview for you.
Kevin

If you do a full rescan Windows 7 is messing up the LCN's from the ABC, its allocating them to 101,102,103,etc other states are reporting the same problem.

Vista is OK. Great more problems.

rgds Damon

zoszos68

Forgot ABC News is in hd as its meant to be had a brain fade lol
Kevin