Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Little Boy Blue now being advertised to start showing Monday 11 September on the 7 network. Screened quite recently on ITV in the UK, IMDB rating FWIW 8.1. From the OTA EPG "Based on a true story that shocked a nation, this powerful two-part factual drama centres on the devastating impact on a city of an innocent child's murder amid a wave of gang violence." Looks like the original four part series has been compacted into two episodes.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Riviera now being advertised to start Wednesday 4 October on SBS. Screened recently on Sky Atlantic June 2017.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Sunshine now being advertised to start on SBS 18 October, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8.30 pm.

raymondjpg

Chance now being advertised on SBS starting Thursday 30 November at 9.40 pm, as an "Australian Premiere", so presumably is the first of two series (so far). Our lead character is billed as "The Night Manager's Hugh Laurie" as if Gregory House never existed. More information here.

prl

Gem is advertising a new series of Line of Duty. From the promo it looks like a genuine new series not a "network premiere."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on November 26, 2017, 08:00:56 PM
Gem is advertising a new series of Line of Duty. From the promo it looks like a genuine new series not a "network premiere."
The advert I saw was with Lennie James, which means it is series 1. The newest series should have Thandie Newton as the officer under investigation.

Hopefully they will be showing series 4 as series 2 & 3 were exceptionally good.

prl

I must admit that I hadn't noticed who was in the promo, it just sounded like new plot material - I thought I head mention of a "death threat to a Royal" which I didn't remember from earlier series, but I may just be making that up now, I can't really remember. IMDb certainly doesn't mention anything like that for series 4.

Line of Duty isn't showing up on yourtv.com.au yet, so I can't check what's coming up there.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2017, 09:45:24 PM
The advert I saw was with Lennie James, which means it is series 1. The newest series should have Thandie Newton as the officer under investigation.

Hopefully they will be showing series 4 as series 2 & 3 were exceptionally good.

In my opinion nothing came close to series 2 and 3, with 2 being one of the best whodunnits I ever saw on TV. I thought Keeley Hawes was excellent, and history until I watched series 3. Not to say that what followed was not good, just not as good. It is difficult for a TV series, or movie franchise for that matter, to keep up a standard that viewers come to expect.

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on December 03, 2017, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2017, 09:45:24 PM

In my opinion nothing came close to series 2 and 3, with 2 being one of the best whodunnits I ever saw on TV. I thought Keeley Hawes was excellent, and history until I watched series 3. Not to say that what followed was not good, just not as good. It is difficult for a TV series, or movie franchise for that matter, to keep up a standard that viewers come to expect.
I agree that series 2 & 3 are some of the best detective / police shows of all time and it's a genre where I thought I'd seen everything. The rapid changes in intensity from never quite knowing where Keeley Hawes sits, who the Caddy is, the intense procedural interview with Daniel Mayes and finishing with "Rapid Exit Required" it really had everything.

raymondjpg

A new series of the Brokenwood Mysteries starts on 9Gem Friday 8 December at 8.30 pm.

raymondjpg

SBS is advertising a new season [sic] of Homeland, Friday 16 February 8.30 pm. By my reckoning that's about four days after it premieres in the US.

raymondjpg

SBS is advertising Safe Harbour, a "Psychological thriller", starting at 8.30 pm Wednesday 7 March and running for four weeks. More details here.

Alison

Hi Raymond,

'Safe Harbour' has now been added to the coming soon shows list.

Thanks,
Alison
IceTV Guide Team

JayseeandDali

Not new of course but season 8 (which is new for us) of Blue Bloods is starting next Wednesday 8 February @ 10pm on WIN HD. It's set to be 22 episodes in length. They are currently up to episode 14 in the states. I've always really enjoyed this show.

raymondjpg

SBS is now advertising "The Handmaid's Tale starts Thursday 26 April". Presumably the second series, while the first is not yet cold in the ground.

(Later in the ad break they confirm it is the second series.)