Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on January 15, 2016, 06:02:05 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on January 15, 2016, 04:47:01 PM
Another one from my scan of the EPG "Sherlock (The Empty Hearse)" ABC Thursday 21 January at 8.30 pm. I would be surprised if this hadn't already been shown on Oz TV given the popularity of the series, but I can't find any reference to an Australian showing after a quick look at Wiki and IMDB. Perhaps someone with a better memory than mine can confirm.

If it has already been shown then it needs to be marked as a repeat.

I had a look at the IMDB synopses and it's definitely a repeat (though it's not marked as one in the ABC guide, either). The episode reveals what actually happened to Sherlock at the end of the final episode in Series 2 ("The Reichenbach Fall"). It's also a bit odd that the ABC guide says that "The Empty Hearse" is the first episode of season 3, but IMDB says that it's the second episode, with "Many Happy Returns" being the first. But thetvdb.com lists "Many Happy Returns" as a special, so maybe the ABC has that right.

I think the next new Sherlock is "The Abominable Bride" which is the 2106 special. IMDB says it was first aired (UK, I presume) on 1 Jan this year. IMBD says that Series 4 won't be aired until 2017 :(
Many happy returns is a 7 min trailer for the empty hearse. It was shown at the start of the empty hearse episode.

The abominable bride is a one off spin off set in Victorian times. It was released in theatres and is only available on Stan in Australia. The next new proper series is due in 2017.

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on January 15, 2016, 06:20:33 PM...
The abominable bride is a one off spin off set in Victorian times. It was released in theatres and is only available on Stan in Australia. The next new proper series is due in 2017.

That's why I though I'd seen in advertised somewhere - I'm sure it was when I was last at Palace Electric cinema :D However, I've just had a look at their Web page and they're not listing it as coming soon there :(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on January 15, 2016, 06:26:03 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on January 15, 2016, 06:20:33 PM...

That's why I though I'd seen in advertised somewhere - I'm sure it was when I was last at Palace Electric cinema :D However, I've just had a look at their Web page and they're not listing it as coming soon there :(
It's been and gone at the cinemas. It's now only ever going to be available on Stan in Australia.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on January 15, 2016, 06:02:05 PMI think the next new Sherlock is "The Abominable Bride" which is the 2106 special. IMDB says it was first aired (UK, I presume) on 1 Jan this year. IMBD says that Series 4 won't be aired until 2017 :(

From my understanding The Abominable Bride was the 2015 "Christmas Special" but was originally screened in early 2015 in UK cinemas. After screening recently on TV in the UK it was also released for cinema showings in China where the incumbent pair of Sherlock and Watson apparently have quite a following. If Series 4 doesn't appear until 2017 I suspect that it has to do with more than "other commitments" of this duo, which was the original excuse after the conclusion of Series 3.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on January 15, 2016, 07:27:29 PM
Quote from: prl on January 15, 2016, 06:02:05 PMI think the next new Sherlock is "The Abominable Bride" which is the 2106 special. IMDB says it was first aired (UK, I presume) on 1 Jan this year. IMBD says that Series 4 won't be aired until 2017 :(

From my understanding The Abominable Bride was the 2015 "Christmas Special" but was originally screened in early 2015 in UK cinemas. After screening recently on TV in the UK it was also released for cinema showings in China where the incumbent pair of Sherlock and Watson apparently have quite a following. If Series 4 doesn't appear until 2017 I suspect that it has to do with more than "other commitments" of this duo, which was the original excuse after the conclusion of Series 3.
The abominable bride was shown on bbc on 1st Jan and simultaneously in cinemas in the uk.  It then had a short cinema run a few days later. It was shown in Australia in cinemas just on 2nd Jan.

scotty

Quote from: scotty on January 11, 2016, 04:04:13 PM
Offspring is returning to Ten in 2016.

Scotty
... Can it be added to "coming soon" please.

Scotty

IanL-S

As far as I am aware it is The Abominable Bride yet scheduled for screening on free to air TV in Australia. It is available exclusively on one of the streaming platforms - I think it may be Stan.

The BBC association may mean that it will not be available for free-to-air until the BBC First cable exclusivity runs out - I think that takes about a year. Most BBC content is subject to this delay, the most notable exception being Doctor Who.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on January 15, 2016, 06:02:05 PMI had a look at the IMDB synopses and it's definitely a repeat (though it's not marked as one in the ABC guide, either).

ABC is advertising The Empty Hearse as "New to ABC and iview" which would explain why it is not flagged as a repeat in the ABC guide.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

"New to Channel xyz" = "repeat of something first shown by another broadcaster".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Not only is IceTV still showing the repeat of Sherlock: The Last Hearse on Thursday as a first run, it's  also showing the repeat of the repeat on Friday as first run.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Jack Irish - new 6-part series starting 20:30 11 Feb, ABC.

Has started being advertised on ABC.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

The Doctor Blake Mysteries - new season starts Friday 5 February. As advertised on ABC.

Tezza007

You must be mistaken. It would've been in Coming Soon along with all those SBS docos

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 27, 2016, 12:34:33 PM
You must be mistaken. It would've been in Coming Soon along with all those SBS docos

Well now it is, but not Jack Irish (yet).