Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melmac

Quote from: melmac on November 06, 2015, 03:07:02 PM
New Shows
Eight part series replacing Australian Story called Back Roads Monday, 30 November at 8pm on ABC.
Coming to SBS in January is The Missing staring James Nesbitt
UnReal has been picked up by SBS and will air in the first part of next year

Further New shows
Family Law, SBS premiere 14th January
Tutankhamun, SBS
The Last Panthers, SBS
Inside Heston's World, SBS
Deep Water, SBS
Proof, Gem
Murder in the First, Gem
The Rookie, Go
Here Come The Habibs, Nine
House of Bond, Nine
Hide & Seek, Nine
Wanted, Seven

raymondjpg

The Fall Series 2 starts this Thursday on SBS.

Coming Soon is one of the features of IceTV that gives me cause to subscribe. What's on this week too. Neither have carried information about this new show.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 18, 2015, 01:22:43 PM

Coming Soon is one of the features of IceTV that gives me cause to subscribe. What's on this week too. Neither have carried information about this new show.

It was picked up on several of my Toppys as I had it scheduled for series recording. I may well have missed it otherwise.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

simoncasey

I thought there was just new food shows this week  ;D

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on November 18, 2015, 02:05:04 PMIt was picked up on several of my Toppys as I had it scheduled for series recording.

Maybe because you have it as a "favourite" or a keyword pickup - another reason I subscribe to IceTV. I can understand the focus on getting the EPG right in the first instance, but there are other things that are going to need some serious attention soon IMO.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 03:10:53 PMI thought there was just new food shows this week  ;D

You said it!

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 18, 2015, 03:38:22 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on November 18, 2015, 02:05:04 PMIt was picked up on several of my Toppys as I had it scheduled for series recording.

Maybe because you have it as a "favourite" or a keyword pickup - another reason I subscribe to IceTV. I can understand the focus on getting the EPG right in the first instance, but there are other things that are going to need some serious attention soon IMO.
I think IanL-S means he had a series recording from the previous series so it automatically picked up the new series.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 04:06:06 PMI think IanL-S means he had a series recording from the previous series so it automatically picked up the new series.

He may have meant that, but I don't think it works that way. In my experience an IceTV recording has to be set from the EPG (which may be flagged by a favourite, or keyword favourite) or from a keyword recording flag set in My Series.

Edit: On reflection you may both be right, if the first series was left in My Series as a flag to be recorded.

melmac

Quote from: melmac on November 18, 2015, 12:34:13 PM
Quote from: melmac on November 06, 2015, 03:07:02 PM
New Shows
Eight part series replacing Australian Story called Back Roads Monday, 30 November at 8pm on ABC.
Coming to SBS in January is The Missing staring James Nesbitt
UnReal has been picked up by SBS and will air in the first part of next year

Further New shows
Family Law, SBS premiere 14th January
Tutankhamun, SBS
The Last Panthers, SBS
Inside Heston's World, SBS
Deep Water, SBS
Proof, Gem
Murder in the First, Gem
The Rookie, Go
Here Come The Habibs, Nine
House of Bond, Nine
Hide & Seek, Nine
Wanted, Seven

And Tens New shows
Australian Survivor, Ten
The X Files, Ten
American Crime Story, Ten
Life In Pieces, Ten
The Wrong Girl, Ten
Long Lost Family, Ten
The Grinder, Ten
Brock, Ten
The Strain, Eleven
Rosewood, One

csutak40

It was picked up by IceTV as it was set as a series recording, so there was no need for it to be in "coming soon" if you watched it before.  BTW, (I am always waay behind in my watching) I am very confused, because I don't remember ever having watched this show, yet it says the ep coming up is 'Series 2, Episode 3', but it also says 'NEW SHOW'
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

raymondjpg

The Brokenwood Mysteries (Series 2) - GEM (in ACT Guide, maybe 9HD in capital centers) - starting Thursday 3 December.

Tezza007

This is the sort of thing I expect to see in Coming Soon [not repeats and old movies]
ABC Coming in 2016

Cleverman
Barracuda
Howard on Menzies
Ice Wars
Keeping Australia Alive
The Great Education Experiment
Hatch, Match & Dispatch
Luke Warm Sex
Rosehaven
ABC Comedy Showroom
David Stratton's Story of Australian Cinema
Streets of Your Town
Nowhere Boys
Prisoner Zero
Tomorrow, When the War Began

New series of:
Jack Irish
Janet King
Rake
The Doctor Blake Mysteries
The Code
Black Comedy
Upper Middle Bogan
Soul Mates
Shaun Micallef's Mad As Hell
The Weekly with Charlie Pickering
Julia Zemiro's Home Delivery
Stop Laughing... This Is Serious

ABC iview

The Katering Show
You Can't Ask That
DAFUQ?

Tezza007

I think maybe this thread is as pointless as Coming Soon, people are posting new shows here, but then nothing happens, they're not being added to Coming Soon. Too busy adding repeats and ancient movies

Tezza007

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM
Seen an ad on TV or a similar promotion of a show that's coming to free-to-air digital TV and want to let our team know so we can potentially add it to "New Shows"? Simply post the name of the show and any other info you want to share in this thread.

Our team will review your post and add any worthy suggestions to New Shows for everyone to enjoy.

Anyone from IceTV paying attention?

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on December 22, 2015, 11:16:18 AMThis is the sort of thing I expect to see in Coming Soon [not repeats and old movies]
ABC Coming in 2016

Thanks for the heads-up. I spotted this yesterday, looking for a screen date for the new series of The Returned (which I haven't found yet):

In 2016, drama on SBS will be bigger and better than ever before, with comedy drama series The Family Law leading the way in January. Funny, frank and fearless, The Family Law is created by critically acclaimed writer Benjamin Law and adapted from his memoir of the same name. The series will give Australian audiences a vivid glimpse inside the gloriously dysfunctional world of a hilarious and heartwarming Chinese-Australian family. See a sneak peek here: https://youtu.be/e15MgFFrZD0

It joins new drama series The Missing, Tutankhamun starring Sam Neill, The Last Panthers, and returning franchises Bosch, The Bridge, The Returned, Masters of Sex and Vikings.

Full article at http://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/news-media-releases/view/id/1009/h/SBS-unveils-2016-lineup