Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: MB4913 on July 31, 2010, 12:39:47 PM
What's happened to "New Shows" in Ice Interactive? There's a red recording icon next to every show, where I have only set up a couple to record. It was ok yesterday, so this is a new issue.

This is fixed now.  Thanks for reporting it!

Russell

MB4913

Thanks for fixing it so promptly

marcusstringer

Just had a look at the New Show option, and I'm loving it...great idea guys...keep up the good work
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

melmac

Last night I saw advertised on Seven a promo for the new show Covert Affairs also on Sunday night on Nine a promo for their new show Cops: L.A.C which surely wins the award for worst name for a TV series ever, seriously they couldn't think of something better  :o

melmac

New show on Gem(also new channel :)) apparantly showing for the first time Sept 29th called The Big C

Nem

Keeping up with the Joneses
Advertised as coming soon on DDT
Device: Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Beyonwiz DP-P1
Region: Darwin NT
RSS: Firefox 3 with RSS Ticker plugin

prl

"Sherlock" has been "Coming Soon" in New Shows ever since New Shows started. How soon is "Soon"?

The Killing (Forbrydelsen) is shown as Coming Soon. Is it the second 10-episode season (Forbrydelsen II)?

McCullum is shown as "Coming Soon", but it's been running repeats (and in IceTV's schedule) for two weeks already.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Mitch IceGuide

Some of the programs that appear on the 'new shows' list, are placed there after channels release publicity promises and / or observing on-air promotions. Whether they eventually appear on that channel's schedule is obviously beyond our control. We all know how fickle they can be. There must come a point where we decide it's never going to happen - as you've alluded to here. I think with an example like 'Sherlock' it would be fair enough to remove from 'new shows'. For whatever reason, it's being held 'in the can'.

McCallum has been gone for a few days now. That was an anomaly.

I believe 'The Killing' will be as you have guessed. 'II'.

Thanks for the feedback on this. It's vital to us.

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 29, 2010, 01:38:15 PM
I believe 'The Killing' will be as you have guessed. 'II'.
Thanks. That bit, at least, is good news :)

And in the meantime, the ABC is still doing the Brett/Hardwicke Holmes series :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Why is The Bill in New Shows?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Mitch IceGuide

More of an alert than anything. It's the last 2 episodes ever - so I'm told.

csutak40

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 29, 2010, 01:38:15 PM
Some of the programs that appear on the 'new shows' list, are placed there after channels release publicity promises and / or observing on-air promotions. Whether they eventually appear on that channel's schedule is obviously beyond our control. We all know how fickle they can be. There must come a point where we decide it's never going to happen - as you've alluded to here. I think with an example like 'Sherlock' it would be fair enough to remove from 'new shows'. For whatever reason, it's being held 'in the can'.
M

Well, funny you should say that! ;D  Someone at Nein must be reading this Forum.  ::) I just saw an ad: "Sherlock.  A series of new movie length mysteries".  Mind you, it still said: "coming soon to Channel 9"
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on October 01, 2010, 11:09:24 PM
Well, funny you should say that! ;D  Someone at Nein must be reading this Forum.  ::) I just saw an ad: "Sherlock.  A series of new movie length mysteries".  Mind you, it still said: "coming soon to Channel 9"
According to IMDB, a series of only three episodes :(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 01, 2010, 04:38:36 PM
More of an alert than anything. It's the last 2 episodes ever - so I'm told.
According to IMDB, tonights episode, Tombstone, is the third last episode. The final two are Respect: Part 1 and Respect: Part 2.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Poirot is in IceTV New Shows as Coming Soon. The ABC was advertising it tonight as running at 2035 on ABC1 starting next Sunday (10 Oct). Confirmed in the ABC online guide.

Edit: Poirot's start date now showing in New Shows. Thanks!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use