Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

I follow every forum conversation.  It seems to me that Tezza said 'Seems only the rubbish gets put into Coming Soon'. Am I to assume he didn't mean IceTV only puts rubbish in Coming Soon.  So who does put it in? prl usefully alerted us to the fact it was a new season and some people, me included, like the show.  So we responded and listed it.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on May 09, 2016, 02:37:01 PM
Season 18, Episode 1
I didn't know they were still making it, I can't remember the last time I saw a new episode. We're 16 months behind Britain
Seems only the rubbish gets put into Coming Soon

Wikipedia confirms that it is not the latest series, but the one before the latest. So yes, they are still making it and Emilia Fox seems to be about the only reason that they persist. Most of the other Silent Witness stalwarts have now departed.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tezza007

Correct. And neither is Lewis above, which also didn't make it amongst all the rubbish SBS docos which seem to make up 90% of Coming Soon

prl

Quote from: Tezza007 on May 09, 2016, 05:40:00 PM
Correct. And neither is Lewis above, which also didn't make it amongst all the rubbish SBS docos which seem to make up 90% of Coming Soon

Lewis is in fact currently in Coming Soon (at least for the ACT). It was also in today's "IcePicks" and in the current Android app Recommendations.

Also, I make 6 SBS Documentaries ("Documentary" genre in the IceGuide) in Coming Soon out of 36 entries, so more like 17%. There are a lot of food/cooking shows/competitions, though, mostly from the Food Network.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

This season of Lewis started airing in Oct 2015. It is in Coming Soon and our eDM today.  What's your problem?

MD

...That is it aired in the UK in Oct 2015.  This is the first ep in Oz of that season.

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on May 09, 2016, 05:58:13 PMLewis is in fact currently in Coming Soon (at least for the ACT). It was also in today's "IcePicks" and in the current Android app Recommendations.

It may be in Coming Soon now, but it was not when I first posted about it in this thread. Indeed I do not draw attention to any new shows here if they are in Coming Soon.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

MD

...and your constructive post was appreciated.

simoncasey

Quote from: MD on May 09, 2016, 06:26:51 PM
...and your constructive post was appreciated.
Not appreciated enough such that posts here ever get a response/thanks/acknowledgment.

I think the issue that has been raised a few times is that unpopular late night/ daytime reality shows on the more obscure channels always seem to be added to coming soon but a new series of a popular prime time show needs user prompting to get it added.

MD

Noted.

I don't wish to seek excuses as I know how hard my guide team works but have a look at this, especially the last para:  http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Broadcast/Television/TV-content-regulation/electronic-program-guides-tv-content-regulation-acma

So there is no legislated way of getting the networks to keep reliable EPG data, note the update on 14/4/16.  'Can't say the update was constructive, whatever it was...

In the 11 years I've owned part, and now all, of IceTV we've grown from 5 channels to 17.  The growth would be fine as it's our business and we have to 'grow with the flow', but since the new channels were added late last year we have never seen so many constant and ambiguous last-minute changes to the EPG. Trying to keep on top of new shows whilst chasing show schedule changes, frequently unique to a capital city, is an onerous workload for all the team.  But we are learning and improving our tracking methods so please bear with us. Quite what the commercial networks think they are achieving in an 'appointment viewing' scenario, when the appointments are unknown, is beyond me! If an EPG update for a repeat flag or whatever isn't done until a day before the show is to be recorded it will still get recorded correctly as long as your PVR logs on for EPG updates.  If a New Show isn't listed just let us know and we'll post it, and probably add it to our IcePicks email.  All your constructive post are helpful to all our customers and my team appreciate them enormously.

Tezza007

raymondjpg and simoncasey, you are both spot on

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on May 09, 2016, 06:22:11 PM
Quote from: prl on May 09, 2016, 05:58:13 PMLewis is in fact currently in Coming Soon (at least for the ACT). It was also in today's "IcePicks" and in the current Android app Recommendations.

It may be in Coming Soon now, but it was not when I first posted about it in this thread. Indeed I do not draw attention to any new shows here if they are in Coming Soon.

As far as I can tell, raymondjpg first posted about the new series of Lewis and it was on 7 May. By today, 9 May, it was in Coming Soon, IcePicks and the app Recommendations. I'm struggling to see the problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tezza007

Quote from: Tezza007 on May 09, 2016, 07:22:53 PM
raymondjpg and simoncasey, you are both spot on

MD, Colin O'Brien, is cancelling my IceTV subscription because of this post

csutak40

I promised myself that I will keep out of this thread, but can't help myself.

Quote from: MD on May 09, 2016, 05:59:05 PM
This season of Lewis started airing in Oct 2015. It is in Coming Soon and our eDM today.  What's your problem?

I'd guess that his "problem" is that neither Lewis nor Silent Witness was listed until someone here bought it to your attention. 

Yet we can't win.  If we mention something, we get told off, if we don't then we either miss a show we would have liked to watch, had we known it was on, or we can check elsewhere to see what's on and then let you know, hoping not to get reprimanded for doing so.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mac37

Of course the problem I have with "Lewis" in "coming soon", is the descriptive text.
And I quote
"Inspector Morse is no longer with us but his longtime deputy, Sergeant Lewis, is back in the Oxford police department. Lewis is the boss now, an Inspector to boot, and his young partner DS Hathaway is the one who needs to be shown the ropes."

If seems to describe the very first episodes, rather than the current set.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65