New icon for Recommendations

Started by prl, June 21, 2010, 07:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

- pity the recommendations algorithm still seems to be the same. Why, why, why, are two of my eight recommendations shows I already have marked as Favourites? That's input to recommendations. I already know I like them. Isn't that what "Favourites" means?

When I remove a recommendation, that's still all it does. It doesn't let me see any more recommendations in the faint hope that it may recommend me something that I haven't told it I like anyway, or something I actually might watch, rather than shows that are reasonable recommendations, but that I've either stopped watching, or that I'm not actually interested in.

Still to actually watch any show on the basis of an IceTV Recommendation. Has anyone actually found a show this way?

Edit: If you remove all your recommendations, you get a message that says:
QuoteSorry, new recommendations are currently unavailable. Our team is working hard to improve the quality of our Recommendations and a new methodology will be in place shortly. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this temporary work may cause.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

I must have pretty sad viewing habits to have the only recommendations of "The Simpsons" and "Spicks & Specks"....
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on June 22, 2010, 08:24:43 AM
I must have pretty sad viewing habits to have the only recommendations of "The Simpsons" and "Spicks & Specks"....

I get Spicks & Specks & the Simpsons too. Spicks & Specks is one of the recommendations I have marked as a Favourite.

I used to watch the Simpsons, though I don't any more.

I also get these recommendations:
Doctor Who (already marked as Favourite)
House (used to watch it, don't any more)
Mythbusters (not worth watching as repeats)
NCIS (watched it for a while, no longer do)
Top Gear (watched a few episodes, not enough of a revhead)

None of the recommendations are completely off-beam with my viewing habits. It's just that there's no way to tell it "thanks, but no thanks", and get new recommendations in place of these ones which, while not completely off-beam, aren't any use to me.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Matt at IceTV

Sorry for the confusion.

Our guys are working on some major changes to the way Recommendations works behind the scenes. As a result, there are no new recommendations being generated at present.

We have just released a new feature we call "New Shows" to Interactive, that provides a brief list of any new programs (or new seasons of returning series) coming soon to TV that our team think you should know about. For more information on the new "New Shows" feature, visit our News section. This new feature is similar in some respects to Recommendations as it is a way for our team to suggest TV shows that may be of interest, although it is obviously not based on your own viewing preferences.

The reason for the icon change for Recommendations from a 'green star' icon to a 'green tick' was because "New Shows" uses a 'yellow star' icon and we were worried that it might be too similar and cause confusion.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

prl

Thanks for the clarification, Matt. I'm looking forward to the improvements in IceTV recommendations.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use