Main Menu

Channel 31

Started by AndrewT, May 27, 2010, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewT

Channel 31 in Melbourne & Geelong is going digital tomorrow the 28th on a test broadcast for two weeks and then on a permanent basis on July the 11th. - http://www.mctcltd.org.au/digital/

Will IceTV be providing the epg for Channel 31 when up and running?

kyelewis

Second this- just bought an EyeTV now that C31 has hit digital, may keep the IceTV subscription, but not if it doesnt include C31

crippstor

I know Ice are working with the community broadcasters to try and get the data in the right format. However as a work around, until that is done may I suggest the following if it is legal. Fill the C31 with TBA but break it into 30 minute blocks ( this is how long most of the shows run ) and this way we will at least still be able to program recordings for those shows we know the times of. As it stands now, I would have to disable Ice and use the FTA guide to advance record anything on C31. Trust that all makes sense

raj

G'day,

It is a kludge, but I think this is what is intended.

Disable IceTV EPG on your PVR. This will enable the standard FTA EPG.

Now make Channel 31 (or should that now be 44 :) ) your current channel. This will see it get the 7 day FTA EPG.

Now go back and turn the IceTV EPG back on.

You will need to do this every 7 days, or if you switch things off.

It is a bit of a kludge, but hopefully IceTV and the community broadcasters can get their act together.

I am surprised it has gone on for this long. Surely advertisers cannot be aware of this as if they were, they would be jumping up and down. How difficult can it be? IceTV need the data in a certain format. TVS (or whatever they are called where you are) have data even if it is in a different format. All that needs to happen is for an application to be written to translate it from one format into another.

kyelewis

Fairly Sure C31 Melbourne aren't sending an EPG, at least not yet.
However, they do send the papers and others a guide, wouldn't take much for IceTV to request a copy.

raj

Quote from: kyelewis on May 31, 2010, 06:15:35 PM
Fairly Sure C31 Melbourne aren't sending an EPG, at least not yet.
However, they do send the papers and others a guide, wouldn't take much for IceTV to request a copy.
In Sydney it is TVS, and TVS have been providing their own EPG. It seems that the issue here is that IceTV want it in a particular format and TVS aren't doing this.

csutak40

Are we going to get EPG for Melbourne?  It has now been running for nearly a month!  All of the on-line listings I can find (tv.com, au.tv.yahoo.com, yourtv, citysearch, ebroadcast) have the EPG for 31
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

chrisb

Quote from: csutak40 on June 20, 2010, 11:33:03 PM
Are we going to get EPG for Melbourne?  It has now been running for nearly a month!  All of the on-line listings I can find (tv.com, au.tv.yahoo.com, yourtv, citysearch, ebroadcast) have the EPG for 31

Perth community TV (Digital WTV) has been online since April 10 and we're still waiting for Ice to catch up. Tivo has it. :(

martymonster

Its been a few weeks now and no response from anyone at IceTV about this.

aswigon

Brisbane Channel 31 is also going / gone digital. Looking forward to this being added to the list of available channels.

csutak40

Quote from: aswigon on June 28, 2010, 02:27:56 PM
Brisbane Channel 31 is also going / gone digital. Looking forward to this being added to the list of available channels.
Stand in line  ;D

The silence from IceTV is deafening  >:(
Cheers,
Judy

Matt at IceTV

We understand your concern and greatly appreciate everyone's continued patience regarding this matter.

Rest assured, we're not simply 'ignoring' this and are doing quite the opposite.

We now have Agreements in place with almost all of the community digital channels and are in the process of figuring out how to incorporate their scheduling information into our EPG service.

The process of getting these Agreements in place, so that we have the right to include their EPG information is not something we can do overnight. Likewise, it is not a simple task to have their data automatically inputted into our EPG so that we can immediately offer everyone the ability to enjoy our advanced recording features, such as series recording and keyword recording.

With the support of most of the community channels in each city, our guys are working hard (behind the scenes) to rectify this situation and include the EPG data for the new digital channels in our EPG service as quickly as possible. Being users ourselves, we want to see this happen as quickly as everyone else.

We thank you in advance for your continued patience and hope to make everyone happy very shortly.

Cheers,

Matt
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

csutak40

Quote from: Matt at IceTV on July 02, 2010, 10:04:27 AM

We thank you in advance for your continued patience and hope to make everyone happy very shortly.

Appreciate your post Matt, but it would have avoided me and others getting annoyed, had you posted this weeks ago ;D
Cheers,
Judy

me

Yes. Me too.
Nothing worse than companies ignoring their own forums.

grampus

Quote from: hamono on July 02, 2010, 04:14:00 PM
Yes. Me too.
Nothing worse than companies ignoring their own forums.
Hey, consider yourselves very lucky.
There are a number of companies that just do not enter into a conversation via a forum.
BeyonWiz, T3