Started by Shane, February 18, 2005, 08:50:43 PM
QuoteMine loads pretty quickly now. I have found however that the Topfield loads all guide data it has, including any older days, first.For example, say if today is Thursday, and if the guide data in the Toppy has the data from the just passed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday still loaded, it will load all of that data first, rather than discarding it and just loading from todays date. If you go to your guide whilst it is loading and go back a few days you will see it loading.Not sure if it would be possible or not, but if the ice TAP could look t todays date and only load data for the current day and future days, I am sure this would spead up the perceived load times.Regards,Shane.
QuoteOk, after some extensive testing, I've discovered a few things... Â well, mostly I've discovered that I fixed it, but I don't completely understand how :-)First, if you're experiencing this problem, please use Altair to connect to the Topfield and take a screenshot of the "\ProgramFiles\Auto Start" directory. Â Then send it to email@example.com. Â Maybe we'll find a common thread there...Now, what I did to fix it... Put the Topfield in normal tv-watching mode, press Exit on the remote, and select "Terminate ICELink Interface".In Altair, copy all files from the Topfield's "\ProgramFiles\Auto Start" directory to a directory on your PC.Delete all files in the "\ProgramFiles\Auto Start" directory on the Topfield.Copy the same files from the PC back to the Topfield.Turn the Topfield off and back on.After the ICELink logo comes up, press Exit on the remote and enable OSD Debug to see which guide files are being loaded. Â Hopefully it's the one for today's date (if you have that one on the Topfield).In Altair, look in the "\ProgramFiles\Auto Start" directory and hopefully all CACHE files older than today's date will be gone.Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what happened.Doesn't sound like it should fix it, does it... but it did, at least for me. Â :-) Â My only guess is that there was some kind of directory corruption, and by deleting all the files, it somehow reset it. Â I noticed that before I did all this, the CACHE files were being sorted at the bottom of the list (you can change the sort order by clicking the headers, but when you click the Refresh button, it seems to always go back to the default). Â After doing these steps, the CACHE files are now sorted correctly, at the top of the list.Very strange...Russell