ONE Digital F1 listings

Started by mexiwi, March 23, 2010, 05:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mexiwi

What's going on with the listing for the F1 on One Digital (12)? (Melbourne)

Baharain had the pre-race show in the listing then "To be advised" for the race, hence my pvr didn't set a timer for it - luckily I was in the country but it will be a tad inconvenient when I'm overseas as I am for half the year.

Same again for the AGP this weekend, 1200-1900 is "to be advised" then the post race from 1900 so no timer.

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. As requested long ago we have replaced all sport that is shown on TEN-SD and ONE-HD simultaneously with TBA on One-Digital. Certainly at that time, sport broadcasting rules forbade the showing of live sport on 3 channels. People were setting up recordings for One-Digital, only to get a graphic advising viewers to switch over to ONE-HD. This will happen alot with AFL this year too. Certainly alot less work for us if we don't do this. Would appreciate others' feedback on what they're actually seeing on One-Digital at these times.

mexiwi

Baharain was shown on ONE Digital as well.

Also the TV guide on YourTV shows the F1 on all 3 channels.

tonymy01

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on March 23, 2010, 06:00:03 PM
sport broadcasting rules forbade the showing of live sport on 3 channels
Really?  I thought it was because it was a waste having it in SD and HD and another SD all at the same time, so they get much better stat-muxing (and therefore picture quality) if they send a static image on the garbage SD channel and therefore Ten Digital and OneHD get better pictures as a result (particularly with the fast pace of sport meaning more bits are normally needed to get a relatively decent picture quality).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Mitch IceGuide

Maybe some kind person could let us know what happens with AFL in Melbourne or Adelaide tonight. Will it appear on ONE-Digital or not?

mexiwi

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on March 25, 2010, 09:58:03 AM
Maybe some kind person could let us know what happens with AFL in Melbourne or Adelaide tonight. Will it appear on ONE-Digital or not?

The AFL is on both Ten and ONE Digital in Melbourne, can't comment on ONE HD as I don't have HD and if I had to look at 3 channels of AFL I'd be forced to poke my eyes out.

Mitch IceGuide

:D Ok thanks for that. Appreciate it. It's beginning to look like the initial restrictions are lifted / being ignored. Will consider removing TBA's on ONE-Digital.

Aratahu

Not sure if it was a DST issue, but massive SNAFU for me on recording the F1s this weekend.

The pre-race show recording started in place of the real race, from 18:00 to 19:05, and then the race itself was set to record from 20:05 to 21:35 Melbourne time. Channel: One HD, via the Win7 client on Media Centre 7.

That is quite messy.

I thus ended up seeing only the first half of the race. I will record the Channel 10 version as well and hopefully get to see the remainder of it via that.