title keyword recordings not working as expected

Started by Adrian3, April 05, 2010, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian3

I setup a title keyword recording with this string +title:"the pacific" expecting that only shows with phrase "The Pacific" in the title would be scheduled - but I've been getting all kinds of random shows scheduled that have "the pacific" somewhere in the episode description (like "Man Vs Wild" today & "Britain Above" tomorrow).

I decided to delete the keyword record, but those shows remained scheduled - selecting one of the shows and clicking cancel caused this message to be displayed ("Error finding keyword id for keyword task id: 955199").

Is there any way I tell which keyword caused a particular show to be scheduled? If so I could try to refine my keyword searches to be more specific. For example, for some reason the Seinfeld episode "The Contest" has been scheduled for tomorrow - but I have no idea why.

tonymy01

You can see which keyword, it will say it is part of a keyword recording, if you click that keyword it will take you to your "my shows" page and less obviously highlight the keyword or series recording entry that initiated the timer (that silly thing gets me every time also, why it just doesn't tell you the lousy keyword that it matched on is beyond me, instead of highlighting an entry in a big pile of entries which is easily missed if that entry is not on your screen at the time and you have to scroll up or down to find it).

edit: ooooh, I wonder if there has been an enhancement snuck in!
I click on one of my upcoming shows with the magnifying glass on it (e.g. Lost), and get:
This show matched the Keyword Record: lost fox

Ahh, maybe it is when I go  to alter a series recording, it takes me to a highlighted entry, but for keywords it tells you there on the spot?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Adrian3

Quote from: tonymy01 on April 05, 2010, 01:38:11 PM
You can see which keyword, it will say it is part of a keyword recording, if you click that keyword it will take you to your "my shows" page and less obviously highlight the keyword or series recording entry that initiated the timer (that silly thing gets me every time also, why it just doesn't tell you the lousy keyword that it matched on is beyond me, instead of highlighting an entry in a big pile of entries which is easily missed if that entry is not on your screen at the time and you have to scroll up or down to find it).

I thought I'd seen that before (clicking on the magnifying glass) - but the strange thing with these shows for me is they just have the regular red circle icon not the magnifying glass.

I've manually cancelled all the randomly scheduled shows except one - this one (Man Vs Wild for tonight) will not cancel no matter what I do - I keep getting the error: "Error finding keyword id for keyword task id: 955199".

-edit-

OK, I tried one more thing - I logged out of the web site & logged back in, & now that show is no longer scheduled!

-edit again-

This is getting ridiculous now  >:( - I think cancelling that episode of Seinfeld (which is on Go! tomorrow at 8pm) actually cancelled the show "Community, also on Go! but one hour later at 9pm) - good job I checked otherwise I would have missed Community (good new comedy BTW).

I wonder if daylight savings has anything to do with this? (although I am in Perth - so no more daylight savings for us, at least until the next referendum).

tonymy01

You get red dots without the magnifying glass for 2 reasons.
1.  It is an interactive series recording instead
2.  The PVR/device you are setting the timer on has a timer set for that timeslot on it, and thus ICE highlights by way of a red dot to show you this.

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

JPP

Here's anothet keyword search that seems to have a bug in it.

I set a keyword search for "underbelly" last week.

It has picked up the first episode this coming Sunday, but the next episode is on right after the first as this Sunday is a double episode screening. It has NOT picked that up, so a timer has only been queued for the first one episode on Sunday.

Have I done anything wrong here?

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

tonymy01

You left the search at the default setting "record only 1 per day".... that is a really really really stupid setting and ICE should stop that being a default immediately!
Regards
Tony

JPP

Quote from: tonymy01 on April 05, 2010, 05:34:55 PM
You left the search at the default setting "record only 1 per day".... that is a really really really stupid setting and ICE should stop that being a default immediately!
Doh, you're right of course - changed it now. Let's see if it picks that up.

Come to think of it, is there an option for no of times a day when you enter the keyword search initially?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

prl

Quote from: JPP on April 05, 2010, 05:40:00 PM
Come to think of it, is there an option for no of times a day when you enter the keyword search initially?
Yes, when you click on "Add a Keyword Record or Keyword Favourite for ..." at the top of the search results, the panel has the Limit setting for the number of times/day.

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Adrian3

Quote from: tonymy01 on April 05, 2010, 05:07:23 PM
You get red dots without the magnifying glass for 2 reasons.
1.  It is an interactive series recording instead
2.  The PVR/device you are setting the timer on has a timer set for that timeslot on it, and thus ICE highlights by way of a red dot to show you this.

Regards
Maybe normally - but I certainly did not set Interactive or my Media Centre to record Seinfeld, Man Vs Wild or Britain from Above - these shows just scheduled themselves with no interaction from me at all - there's something really screwy about the way Interactive works in conjunction with Windows Media Center.

I may just have to stop using Interactive altogether as I could have easily missed two shows entirely this week & had them replaced with three shows I have no interest in.  :-[

I just went to the Interactive web page again & all three of those damn shows have been scheduled again - WTF!

tonymy01

The problem is #1 because of DST.  It even screwed up ICE this time, they forgot to adjust their schedule (or adjusted it the wrong direction), and so every timer sent to our devices at the time of the ICE stuff up was out by an hour to what it should have been.   When ICE fixed up this issue, unfortunately they don't do their housekeeping duties and fix up the mess left behind, and as a result, your PVR/device ends up with timers for shows you had no idea you wanted.    I had this for shows around the time Durham county was meant to start on ABC2, and 24 on 72.   If the show you originally wanted to record spanned across two shows on the ICE guide, they put a dot on each slot.   Then DST ends proper, all is back to normal, you get the GMT offset in your device set to normal, information back to ICE gets sent correctly (localtime-GMToffset=UTC time for the show to start, ICE works with UTC times), but now the timers are for times that don't match the original times, but ICE highlights whatever it knows about time, date & channel wise on your device.
Regards
Tony