Wireless

Started by RubberChicken, April 25, 2005, 01:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubberChicken

Anyone tried connecting a wireless USB bridge to the toppy? Would it be seen by my PC (mac)?

The way the commercial channels chop and change their programming would necessitate daily updates, at least. And I don't want to run cables or have to remember to connect all the time.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The Topfield only has a slave USB port and unfortunately cannot drive a wireless USB dongle. We are however developing just such a device that can do this.

Daniel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

RubberChicken

QuoteThe Topfield only has a slave USB port and unfortunately cannot drive a wireless USB dongle. We are however developing just such a device that can do this.

Daniel.

That sounds cool. Thanks.

alross

Any Idea when this will happen?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

No firm date as yet unfortunately.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Some_Bloke

Has there been any progress in this department?

Is the new Masterpiece capable of using a USB wireless dongle?

pvogel

As far as we know it does work although we haven't actually tested it. We are waiting to recieve a Masterpeice for this purpose. Perhaps someone else in the forum has tried it?

As for timing of .rec file transfer ability, can't tellyou any more at this time.  When we get more customers wanting this we'll bump it up the priorities list, so tell your friends how great iceGuide is! 8)

Some_Bloke

Hi me again :)

Just wondering if there are any updates to my previous question?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

QuoteHi me again :)

Just wondering if there are any updates to my previous question?

We have done some preliminary testing using the Wifi Network bridge on the Masterpiece unit and so far there are no problems using the bridge with the Masterpiece unit.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

alross

Hi
Any idea whether the bridge works with mac osx, and if so can the Toppy's firmware be updated from a mac?
I have an Airport wireless network.

Alan

peteru

QuoteAny idea whether the bridge works with mac osx
Yes, it does.

Quoteso can the Toppy's firmware be updated from a mac?
No, it can not. Topfield provide only Windows software. Topfield will not provide enough information to third parties to allow creation of firmware upgrade solutions for alternative platforms.

Whenzir

I also tried it to connect wireless USB bridge to the toppy at the same time but it didn't. So i should say it is not compatible with each other.

tonymy01

Wow, a thread jump from 4years ago.... you will have to clarify your Topfield model, this was talking about the SD Toppies that (after some great efforts by PeterU, Steve et-al) required a SLUG or "ICEBOX" to get the USB to a box with ethernet running ftpd-topfield (so it could be ftp'd).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

michelle10

Lol, this was really a HUGE thread jump.