Late Starts on 2400

Started by petticoats, May 22, 2010, 12:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petticoats

I wondering if anyone is having problems with the interactive reservation times being set too late for a show. i.e I preset a show on the ICEtv web site, Lets say the show is listed as starting at 5.30 pm, but later I find that the start time sent to the toppy is 5.33pm or something like that. Then when the show starts it actually did start at 5.30pm so the first 3 mins is lost. It happens more often than not. Is this an Icetv problem or something else I'm not doing. Any help appreciated. TIA.

Vortical

The latest firmware on the 2400 released this month has implemented pre-padding which should overcome this problem.

Just set it to 5min and it will start the recording 5minutes earlier than the icetv timeslot.

I'm not sure about IceTV timers sending the wrong start time, mine all seem correct on the 2460
Perhaps you may want to investigate further with Ice support

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: petticoats on May 22, 2010, 12:03:39 AM
I wondering if anyone is having problems with the interactive reservation times being set too late for a show. i.e I preset a show on the ICEtv web site, Lets say the show is listed as starting at 5.30 pm, but later I find that the start time sent to the toppy is 5.33pm or something like that. Then when the show starts it actually did start at 5.30pm so the first 3 mins is lost. It happens more often than not. Is this an Icetv problem or something else I'm not doing. Any help appreciated. TIA.

One thing you might want to check is whether you are in 'auto' or 'manual' time mode, in the past being in 'manual' time mode can cause some 'weirdness' with timers when they are created.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

Yep, thanks to the lame way the Topfield calculates the GMT offset (which is necessary for EPG whether from ICE or from the broadcasters), it results in these silly times for the timers.    If the manual clock is say, 3mins different to the broadcast timestamp (including GMT offset), then the timers and EPG will be out by 3mins.    If the manual clock is perfect, but the broadcasters timestamp is out by, say, 18hours, then the timers and epg will be out by 18hours.
I can't believe Topfield *still* insist on using the broadcaster timestamps in manual clock mode, defeats the purpose of using manual clock in the first place (to get away from relying on dodgy broadcasters for a critical component of a PVR, the clock).    Everyone should be rallying Topfield to have a new menu option for Manual clock use called "GMT offset" and take the silly equation out altogether.   

When you run AUTO clock, you don't have this issue as AUTO clock *does* have a GMT offset you can set.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on May 22, 2010, 01:23:27 PM
I can't believe Topfield *still* insist on using the broadcaster timestamps in manual clock mode, defeats the purpose of using manual clock in the first place (to get away from relying on dodgy broadcasters for a critical component of a PVR, the clock).
This could be made to work reasonably well if they rounded the offset to the nearest even 30 minutes (or the nearest 15 minutes in models destined for Nepal). The implementation you've described is just plain daft.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing