Setting to record a channel rather than a network

Started by Cammo, February 17, 2010, 10:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammo

Hi guys,

Hoping you can give some advice about this problem.  After complaints from "She who must be obeyed" I have just come back from o/s to find that my HTPC recorded heaps of "Biggest Loser" reruns etc that have run on 7TWO as well as the original shows that have run on 7.  I check IceTV Interactive and I had never noticed that when I set a series record that I can only select a "network" rather than a channel.  I guess this is the reason that it recorded all the extras on 7TWO rather than just the originals on 7.

Is there any way to get the series records to only record a specific channel?

Cheers!

tonymy01

Specify "first runs" and not "First runs and repeats" will solve this issue.   7/7TWO??? Biggest Loser is on Ten only here (Sydney).   It had encore plays on the same channel during the day, not the second channel (which doesn't exist for Ten).

Now "Lost" on the other hand... that is scattered all over the shop on 7/7HD and 7TWO, premiering actually on the Youtube quality 7TWO (dual eps for the premier) and showing a single ep later on 7/7HD (unfortunately not in HD though... grr, so not even worth waiting for).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Cammo

Ahhhh, sorry about that, my fault.  I stand corrected, it was recording Ten but picking up the afternoon re-runs.  Will change to First Run only. 

And yes, I had the same problems with Lost too.  However I'm not too confident that the First Run/Re-run would stop the extra recordings?

tonymy01

It does when ICE marks the second ep as a repeat.    Unfortunately, this is a bit of hit and miss currently due to the juggling about of some of the shows.   Just be thankful that they didn't accidentally mark a 1st run as a repeat, I think your missus would be much more upset if a recording was completely missing when you have the "1st runs only" option set...
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

GarFin

Yeah i'm sorry but the way ICETV deals with 'network' recordings only,  rather than saying Ch7 only , ABC2 only etc is a bit flawed now that they are running 1st time airings on Ch72 , which are repeats from Ch7... & ABC2 1st runs from ABC1 repeats.

I think what we need is a further dropdown menu choice... so after you choose ABC network, you have the new dropdown that lists ABC-HD,ABC1,ABC2,ABC3,or ABC-any
subsequently..
Choosing Nine Network , gives 9-HD,9-SD,Go!,or 9-any    
Choosing 7 Network, gives 7-HD, 7-SD, 72, or 7-any   

etc

Colin

Totally agree. Some shows are listed as first runs on 2 channels  - eg National Press Club Address on ABC1 and ABC24. Unless I specify a time (never a good idea) I can't avoid recording both.

machunter46

This thread needs to be reactivated.  Networks often do not mark as REPEATS a program which is showing for the 1st time on one of their subchanels such as GEM.  We need a way to restrict recording to a specific channel

prl

Quote from: machunter46 on February 05, 2011, 09:46:59 AM
This thread needs to be reactivated.  Networks often do not mark as REPEATS a program which is showing for the 1st time on one of their subchanels such as GEM.  We need a way to restrict recording to a specific channel
The repeat markup (or lack of it) on IceTV is not down to the networks. It comes from IceTV.

Some of the problems being discussed here can be worked around by setting the recording to "once per day" or "only HD"/"only SD", but it would be better to be able to restrict it to services, not just to networks. I'm actually not sure why IceTV though the "Network" restriction should replace the "Service" restriction that IceTV used to have before it transmogrified from IceTV Remote to IceTV Interactive.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Lisey

Mike and Molly on Sunday  on go is not marked as a repeat. Is this because when it aired it was on channel nine already but not 'go' so it's new and not a repeat on that channel 'go'?  If that's the case then that is another  need for the channel selection rather than network. 

GarFin

*Bump*

Daniel , Madeleine & co @ iceTV , is there any good reason why this function cannot be added ?

With a number of the networks now running re-air's of their prime-time shows on their alternate channel, a day or so later , it would help greatly with being able to get around those primetime clashes , some nights of the week when eg "The Block (9), MasterChef (10) , and some other show on 7 , 2 , SBS etc are all airing at same time..

Freeview gives us the flexability and choice , now ,  whether one watches their show in primetime, on the 1st night of airing, or the following afternoon .. it would be nice if IceTV enabled the functionaility to be able to 'record' with this same flexability/granularity.

Regards

tonymy01

Quote from: GarFin on July 20, 2011, 09:15:14 AM
Freeview gives us the flexability and choice , now ,  whether one watches their show in primetime, on the 1st night of airing, or the following afternoon .. it would be nice if IceTV enabled the functionaility to be able to 'record' with this same flexability/granularity.
+1! (Well, +100).
Regards
Tony

lukem

Greetings,

Dan and I have been discussing many new features of late and this one is definitely on the short-list.

Once we've signed off on the development plan for Q4 we'll release more info about what new features to expect :)

Cheers.

JPP

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

kender

Its not quite the same as setting the machine to record a channel rather than a network but an alternative way to avoid some timer clashes is to include a REPEAT ONLY option as this would allow the user to sellect which airing of a program he/she wants to record.

If your interested then you may want to vote in the online forum poll about ICE TV including a REPEAT ONLY option.

The poll can be found at:

IceTV Forum »    IceTV Applications »    Interactive website and General questions

Lisey

Bump. 
Current Issue is Arrested Development, all of course are repeats but at the moment being aired on abc1 and abc2 same week therefore resulting in double recording of same episode.