Episode Information for "Unit One" (Rejseholdet) - SBS TWO

Started by raymondjpg, February 12, 2010, 11:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Why does the Ice EPG for the current re-run of "Unit One" (Rejseholdet) on SBS TWO not carry episode information, but the same blurb each week?

Both FTA EPG and the SBS schedule at http://www.sbs.com.au/schedule/SBSTWO/2010-02-13/SBS2%20National#1576802 have episode information for the show to be broadcast tomorrow, Saturday 13 February 2010.

The lack of episode information is not confined to this show. Without going into details, there are others. I can understand reservations about publishing episode information for some shows from Channel 9 sources, but for many of these shows there are other excellent sources of episode information such as TV.com

(ACT region btw, but I imagine the lack of episode information is not limited to my regional Ice EPG. I haven't checked.)
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Mitch IceGuide

That program didn't have episode information when originally scheduled on SBS. It does now thanks. I'm interested in knowing just how many others there are and if you have the time I would love you to go into detail about them. As you can iamgine, we have a massive data base of programs, so if you're experiencing this problem alot, then am happy to address it.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on February 13, 2010, 10:55:19 AM
That program didn't have episode information when originally scheduled on SBS. It does now thanks. I'm interested in knowing just how many others there are and if you have the time I would love you to go into detail about them. As you can iamgine, we have a massive data base of programs, so if you're experiencing this problem alot, then am happy to address it.
Thanks Mitch.

This is water under the bridge, but WIN's recent re-run of Young Lions had the same blurb each week - "a retro-style (???) police drama...". Not retro to my mind. Channel 9, yes, but excellent episode information on TV.com.

I'll keep a watch for any others.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

This week's two episodes of Blackadder the Third have a generic series blurb and no episode name in the Web page. All of the recent entries for Blackadder seasons one and two, and all of the previous Blackadder the Third entries had episode descriptions.

This week's two episodes are also not marked as repeats, which seems unlikely, since all the recent showings of Blackadder (seasons 1, 2 & 3) have been marked as repeats.

ACT Guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: prl on February 13, 2010, 11:41:15 AM
This week's two episodes of Blackadder the Third have a generic series blurb and no episode name in the Web page. All of the recent entries for Blackadder seasons one and two, and all of the previous Blackadder the Third entries had episode descriptions.

This week's two episodes are also not marked as repeats, which seems unlikely, since all the recent showings of Blackadder (seasons 1, 2 & 3) have been marked as repeats.

ACT Guide.
The episodes now have episode names and episode summaries (thanks!), but are still not marked as repeats.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Madeleine IceGuide

Thanks, these are repeat flagged now.

With regards to the synopses, on commercial channels you may initially see the episode title with a generic series blurb (particularly six days out from the date of broadcast) which will be replaced once a writer has researched and written an original synopsis.

If you have noticed a series consistently has generic blurbs on ABC or SBS even though this info is available (eg. Unit One) then this is a concern we'd like to address.

Thanks

prl

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on February 13, 2010, 07:04:35 PM
Thanks, these are repeat flagged now.

With regards to the synopses, on commercial channels you may initially see the episode title with a generic series blurb (particularly six days out from the date of broadcast) which will be replaced once a writer has researched and written an original synopsis.

If you have noticed a series consistently has generic blurbs on ABC or SBS even though this info is available (eg. Unit One) then this is a concern we'd like to address.

Thanks

OK, thanks Madeleine.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Episode information is again missing for Unit One on SBS TWO Saturday 20 February. See FTA EPG and http://www.sbs.com.au/schedule/SBSTWO/2010-02-20.

raymondjpg

There is a suggestion in the thread on Durham County that an Ice import process may be responsible for lack of episode information for Unit One. Maybe a long bow.

See http://www.sbs.com.au/schedule/SBSTWO/2010-03-20 for episode information for next Saturday's showing.

Mitch IceGuide

'Unit One' does not have any episode names to attach a description to. Much like Neighbours, Home & Away, Out of the Blue etc etc. At this stage there's not much we can do about it unless the producers of this program start allocating ep names.

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on March 15, 2010, 03:20:18 PM
'Unit One' does not have any episode names to attach a description to. Much like Neighbours, Home & Away, Out of the Blue etc etc. At this stage there's not much we can do about it unless the producers of this program start allocating ep names.
Well, IMDB seems to have found out what they are. They all have the form "Assistencemelding A-nn/mm", though, so they're probably not as informative as people would like (I don't know Danish, but my guess from the rough German equivalent is that it means "Call for assistance" or "Assistance announcement" or something similar).

On a similar matter, IceTV doesn't have episode names for The Bill, either, just the (first?) Australian broadcast date as the episode name, presumably because the information isn't in the ABC's data (it's not in the ABC's online guide). But the titles for The Bill contain an episode name, and again, IMDB lists them.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on March 16, 2010, 09:58:46 AM
Well, IMDB seems to have found out what they are. They all have the form "Assistencemelding A-nn/mm", though, so they're probably not as informative as people would like (I don't know Danish, but my guess from the rough German equivalent is that it means "Call for assistance" or "Assistance announcement" or something similar).

IIRC "Call for Assistance" is about right.

In the case of this show, Episode Number following the title could also be appropriate as Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rejseholdet) indicates that the episodes (32 in all, and loosely divided into 4 series, according to them) are numbered consecutively and these appear shortly after the opening credits. So far I haven't spotted SBS TWO disclosing either an "Assistencemelding A-nn/mm" or episode number in their guide, so not really helpful to the people at Ice.

However, my original request, however oblique, was for episode information (available from SBS TWO) to be published in the Ice Guide, instead of the standard blurb that usually features. It did feature once (about three or four weeks ago) but the following week reverted to the standard blurb.

Edit: To be more precise, by episode information I mean episode description (as against episode title and/or subtitle).

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 12, 2010, 11:04:57 AM
Why does the Ice EPG for the current re-run of "Unit One" (Rejseholdet) on SBS TWO not carry episode information, but the same blurb each week?
[minor sidetrack] I've always wondered a bit why "Rejseholdet" didn't look like it actually translated to "Unit One". I had a bit of a play with Google Translator, and separately "rejse holdet" translates to "travel team" (or perhaps more colloquially "mobile squad" or "flying squad"). Oddly enough, though, Google Translate translates "Rejseholdet" as "Unit One", but it translates "rejseholdet" as "road crew" (of a band?), so it looks as though it's been set up to recognise the TV series name when capitalised.

Google Translate also translates "Forbrydelsen" as "[The?] Crime" rather than "The Killing".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use