DP-P2 & ICE. all shows show up as qued.

Started by deanfurley, March 08, 2010, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanfurley

I Have a DP-P2 and when i set a show on either my iPhone or the IceTV website. The shows all show up as qued. they have once not showed up as qued. but only half of them.

it's killing me. been putting some serious hours trying to fix this problem. can anyone point me in the right direction? i have read some articals but they all seem old.

please help.

tonymy01

Does your Wiz see the network properly?  (Does WizFX work firstly, then does WizTV work?)  If so, then it is something else.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

deanfurley

not used WizFX but i have used the WizTV that hooks up to the internet, and that works fine. it's slow but it all comes up.

prl

More importantly, does the IceTV EPG work? If it does, the Beyonwiz has the network connectivity it needs to use IceTV Interactive.

I don't understand the statement "The shows all show up as qued. they have once not showed up as qued. but only half of them".

Recordings aren't sent if they are more than 5 days in the future. The will be sent when they are five days or less away. It can take up to 30 minutes for the recordings on the IceTV server to be sent to the Beyonwiz. Have you allowed that time?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

deanfurley

wow yeah i can see why you couldn't understand. i didnt right that very well.

1. The 'TV Shows' i have selected appear on the website as qued even after they have appeared on the DP-P2
2. It's always been like this in the 2 weeks i have had the DP-P2. but once half the programed 'TV Shows' came up as red dot, rather than doughnut. and intrestingly the shows that were red dot, were futher into the future.

deanfurley

it's werid. things that o hav e set to record via the DP-P2 appear on the web with the red dot.

I Just found out, that shows that i have set to record one episonde of via the website (not series link), appear as a red dot. but series show as red doughnut.

prl

On the Web page, if the timer has been sent to the Beyonwiz, a one-off recording displays as and a series recording has this icon . If the recording is queued (IceTV knows about it, but hasn't sent the timer yet), a one-off displays as and a series recording is marked with . Donut/solid is queued/scheduled (sent), single/multiple is one-off/series.

The IceTV help pages have a full list of icons.

I'm not sure how the icons are displayed on the iPhone app (if you're using that rather than looking at the mobile Web page). The Yahoo and OS X widgets always display solid icons, whether the timer has been sent or not. I don't know why there's that inconsistency.

The normal behaviour for adding a recording (single or series) is that the recording initially shows as queued (donut). When the recording is 5 days off or less, it will be available to be sent to the Beyonwiz (my IceTV recordings for Sunday and Monday haven't been sent to my Beyonwiz yet). The Beyonwiz requests IceTV Interactive updates about every 30 min, but it has to be running (not in standby) to do this. It will make its first request for updates at startup.

If you set a recording on IceTV Interactive within the next 5 days, it should be sent to the Beyonwiz within 30 minutes if the Beyonwiz is running, or within 30 minutes of when the Beyonwiz next starts if it was in standby. If the recording is more than 5 days off, the timer won't be sent to the Beyonwiz until the recording is 5 days or less away, and the Beyonwiz makes one of its regular updates.

Because of the time lags in this process, making several changes in a short time can be confusing.

There's more information about how the Beyonwiz interacts with IceTV on the Beyonwiz Forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

deanfurley

Peter thanks for the time you put into your reply.

I understand the icons, and I understand the 30min lag time, and the 5 day period.

But my problem is that a show that is comming on in say 48 hours, shows as qued. And never changes but it will appear on the DP-P2, and record it even though it is still showing as ques on ice.

futzle

Quote from: deanfurley on March 09, 2010, 10:11:21 AM
But my problem is that a show that is comming on in say 48 hours, shows as qued. And never changes but it will appear on the DP-P2, and record it even though it is still showing as ques on ice.

I get that too. The shows do record, but IceTV Interactive forever shows the holey doughnut. It does vaguely worry me that IceTV hasn't got that confirmation from the Beyonwiz, but while it still works I have always had higher priority things to worry about.

Edit: huh. I go back to Interactive to check and it isn't happening today. All solid jam-filled doughnuts out to five days. But I've definitely seen the OP's phenomenon.

tonymy01

Yep, once or twice I have seen donuts for timers that have definitely been sent.   I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason for it, despite showing as queued, they upload fine, and the ICE queue system just seems to miss some of these for some reason (thankfully it doesn't miss sending them!)

And I have found even when I don't make any timer changes for a week (therefore no last minute new ones added) sometimes one or two in the next day or so are queued still, but further out they are properly loaded and indicated as such.   So it isn't due to timers being added last minute or anything, it is just somehow ICE is not seeing the link between the current timers in the Wiz and ICE's queue.

Definitely ensure you purge all duplicate broadcasters, it could be something silly like ICE isn't linking the two together because they are being setup for different channels than what ICE is expecting, due to the Wiz having duplicate LCNs (but surely if ICE simply uses LCNs, then it wouldn't care if you had a timer setup for ABC on one broadcaster on LCN2 or another received version also on LCN2... the mind boggles).

Log a case with ICETV if you are seeing this on ALL your timers (as you have claimed in your post as far as I can read/interpret the posts).

Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I understand the icons, and I understand the 30min lag time, and the 5 day period.

Hi Dean,

I have a quick look at your account and your Beyonwiz has not requested anything since the 3/2/2010, you should check your network connected and ensure that under the settings that IceGuide is still 'enabled'.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: tonymy01 on March 10, 2010, 12:15:10 AM
Yep, once or twice I have seen donuts for timers that have definitely been sent.   I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason for it, despite showing as queued, they upload fine, and the ICE queue system just seems to miss some of these for some reason (thankfully it doesn't miss sending them!)

And I have found even when I don't make any timer changes for a week (therefore no last minute new ones added) sometimes one or two in the next day or so are queued still, but further out they are properly loaded and indicated as such.   So it isn't due to timers being added last minute or anything, it is just somehow ICE is not seeing the link between the current timers in the Wiz and ICE's queue.

Definitely ensure you purge all duplicate broadcasters, it could be something silly like ICE isn't linking the two together because they are being setup for different channels than what ICE is expecting, due to the Wiz having duplicate LCNs (but surely if ICE simply uses LCNs, then it wouldn't care if you had a timer setup for ABC on one broadcaster on LCN2 or another received version also on LCN2... the mind boggles).

Log a case with ICETV if you are seeing this on ALL your timers (as you have claimed in your post as far as I can read/interpret the posts).

Regards

In general if a show has gotten scheduled on the Beyonwiz but is still showed as queued on the website this is because the timer information was downloaded by the Beyonwiz but for some reason the Beyonwiz did not send back a confirmation to say that it had been scheduled.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 11, 2010, 10:16:52 AM

Hi Dean,

I have a quick look at your account and your Beyonwiz has not requested anything since the 3/2/2010, you should check your network connected and ensure that under the settings that IceGuide is still 'enabled'.
Also check what's happening in the status window on the Beyonwiz under SETUP>Network>IceTV, and see that the main network settings are correct in SETUP>Network>Setting.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use