Repeat flags in EPG data? Thank God You're Here and The Simpsons

Started by Mark, February 10, 2010, 10:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I am getting recordings scheduled for Thank Good You're Here tomorrow night, and The Simpsons at 6pm on Friday and Monday, even though they are repeats (and seem to be marked as repeats in the guide on the IceTV web site).

I have both set up as series recordings in Windows Vista MC (not via Interactive), and set to "first run only".  The downloaded EPG data (which I receive daily at around 5pm, and is up-to-date) seems to be missing the "repeat" flag.

Given some other recent postings regarding issues with repeats, I wonder if there is some problem with EPG data not being consistent with the Interactive guide on the web site?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I have had a look into this one and this comes down to how Vista and Windows 7 Media Center handle repeat information, even if a show is marked as a repeat unless it has an original air date listed then Media Center thinks they are not a repeat.

In the guide that was downloaded to your Media Center does it show an original air date for these shows?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Mark

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 11, 2010, 03:11:01 PM
I have had a look into this one and this comes down to how Vista and Windows 7 Media Center handle repeat information, even if a show is marked as a repeat unless it has an original air date listed then Media Center thinks they are not a repeat.

In the guide that was downloaded to your Media Center does it show an original air date for these shows?

Sorry, Daniel, that doesn't seem to be the problem.  "Thank God You're Here" has an original air date of 27/07/2008, The Simpson's on Friday is 13/01/2008, and so on...  They just don't seem to be marked as "repeat".

There are plenty of examples of repeats that are correctly flagged as such, eg the 6.00pm screening of The Simpsons today, and the 11.00pm screening of Family Guy.  However, there seem to be no repeat flags on any 6.00pm episodes of The Simpsons starting from tomorrow.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Mark on February 11, 2010, 06:03:01 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 11, 2010, 03:11:01 PM

Sorry, Daniel, that doesn't seem to be the problem.  "Thank God You're Here" has an original air date of 27/07/2008, The Simpson's on Friday is 13/01/2008, and so on...  They just don't seem to be marked as "repeat".

There are plenty of examples of repeats that are correctly flagged as such, eg the 6.00pm screening of The Simpsons today, and the 11.00pm screening of Family Guy.  However, there seem to be no repeat flags on any 6.00pm episodes of The Simpsons starting from tomorrow.

One other question then, is this only affecting the Simpsons episodes that are on Friday and Monday, with the episodes on Saturday and Sunday being correct?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Mark

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 11, 2010, 06:22:31 PM
One other question then, is this only affecting the Simpsons episodes that are on Friday and Monday, with the episodes on Saturday and Sunday being correct?

I am not at home at the moment to check, but I know there is a recording of The Simpsons correctly scheduled on Sunday (that is not a repeat).  I am also sure that tonight's 6pm episode, and every 6pm episode next week (Mon-Wed) are scheduled to record.  I cannot recall if there was an episode scheduled tomorrow night.  I will check this evening.

Mark

Quote from: Mark on February 12, 2010, 11:10:05 AM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 11, 2010, 06:22:31 PM

I am not at home at the moment to check, but I know there is a recording of The Simpsons correctly scheduled on Sunday (that is not a repeat).  I am also sure that tonight's 6pm episode, and every 6pm episode next week (Mon-Wed) are scheduled to record.  I cannot recall if there was an episode scheduled tomorrow night.  I will check this evening.

OK, I've checked.  As of today's download, tonight's episode is now marked as a repeat and is no longer scheduled to record (if this is due to your efforts, thanks for looking into it!)  Ditto for tomorrow (Saturday).  But from Monday onwards the 6pm episodes are still not showing as repeats.

Mitch IceGuide

Hi Mark. You might want to transfer this to the technical thread. From my end The Simpsons are marked 'r' Monday onwards although episode information is missing right now.

Kirben

I expect this problem is due to the episode titles been missing for The Simpsons, Windows Media Centre requires the episode titles, for repeats to be detected correctly.

This issue has been mentioned several times in the past, but IceTV still fail to provide episode titles for many TV series.