'Judge John Deed' Series information

Started by Netweb, February 08, 2010, 08:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netweb

Currently 'Judge John Deed' airing on CH72 (MELB) shows each title not as the series 'Judge John Deed' and instead each title each work includes the episode name in the title making series recording in Windows 7 Media Centre a 'manual' process' eg. CH72 Monday 8:30pm (Melbourne) the title is 'Judge John Deed - One Angry Man' and last weeks is 'Judge John Deed - Silent Killer'.

Cheers,

Stephen

prl

Quote from: Netweb on February 08, 2010, 08:01:38 PM
Currently 'Judge John Deed' airing on CH72 (MELB) shows each title not as the series 'Judge John Deed' and instead each title each work includes the episode name in the title making series recording in Windows 7 Media Centre a 'manual' process' eg. CH72 Monday 8:30pm (Melbourne) the title is 'Judge John Deed - One Angry Man' and last weeks is 'Judge John Deed - Silent Killer'.

Cheers,

Stephen
Unfortunately, there have been a few programs that I would have considered series that were considered separate telemovies by IceTV. Amongst them are Judge John Deed, Wallander (The Swedish version, at least. My keyword recording for that caught the inferior English remake as well, so I'm not sure about that one.) and Inspector Montalbano. I don't know why those telemovie length shows are considered separate things and not part of a series while other telemovie-format series like Dalziel & Pascoe, Silent Witness and A Touch of Frost are treated as series. So were Unit One and The Eagle.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that at least for the PVR versions of the Web interface to Interactive, IceTV will quite happily allow you to set up a "series recording" on something that isn't a series. I've complained about that already on the forum.

Anyway, Silent Killer was dreadful (and I generally like Deed). All the "scientific evidence" about the mobile phone towers was meaningless gobbledygook, and the "medical evidence" sounded almost as bad, though I'm not in as good a position to judge it. Deed's verdict seemed completely at odds with the evidence, such as it was.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Netweb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_John_Deed "Judge John Deed is a British legal drama television series produced by the BBC"

And both Wikipedia & TheTVDB clearly lists 'Judge John Deed in 'Seasons', 'Episodes #' & 'Episode Titles'

prl

Quote from: Netweb on February 09, 2010, 09:01:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_John_Deed "Judge John Deed is a British legal drama television series produced by the BBC"

And both Wikipedia & TheTVDB clearly lists 'Judge John Deed in 'Seasons', 'Episodes #' & 'Episode Titles'

That doesn't surprise me. I don't really mind too much, even, that IceTV and other sources disagree about whether something's a series or not.

What I really dislike is that there's no way of telling without setting a series recording and checking that the second timer in the series gets set. "[Y]ou’ll never miss a show again" - ha!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jillmess

I switched to using keyword records rather than series records some time ago because of these problems.  I do get the odd 'unexpected' thing recorded, but I prefer to delete something I don't want, rather than missing something I did want.

Jill