Setting a Series Recording Causes Time/Channel to Change

Started by Donno, July 30, 2010, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donno

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find anything relevant when I searched.

The issue I discovered is that if I set a Series Recording, when Interactive reappears, the Time/Channel setting has changed from Evening (my preferred setting) to the channel of the series recording, eg, ABC1.  It doesn't do this when I set a single episode recording - just for series recordings.

I'm using the standard web Interactive (http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/) and this happens with both IE 8 & Firefox 3, on Windows 7.

So, is this a bug?  Will it get fixed?  Any advice?

prl

This happens for me, too. Firefox 3.6.8. For me, although the dropdown menu item is changed to the network that the series recording was set to, the actual display is for the old setting (Evening 6pm-12am).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Donno

Yes - it behaves the same for me.  Before I concentrated on this bug I would only notice something was wrong after I went forward by 24 hours, then the actual display changed to the channel setting.

Do you know if ICE have a bug/wish list that we could add this to?

prl

Quote from: Donno on July 30, 2010, 02:34:24 PM
Do you know if ICE have a bug/wish list that we could add this to?
Presumably they have some bug tracking system internally, but I don't know of any public list, either IceTV- or user-maintained.

The best indication you can usually get is acknowledgment of the problem by one of the IceTV staff who post on the forum (usually Daniel Hall at IceTV, Matt at IceTV or Madeleine at IceTV). Madeleine seems to mostly field content questions/suggestions.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Russell at IceTV

Thanks for reporting this guys, it should be fixed now.

Although we all try to keep an eye on the forums, we sometimes miss things, or don't have time to deal with it because we're swamped with other things. If you don't see a response from us, the best way to report it is by using the Contact Us page.  That gets the issue into our bug tracking system, and it'll eventually get taken care of.

Thanks,
Russell

Donno

Thanks Russell, I can confirm that the problem I reported has been fixed.

Quick work!