Shows marked for recording on icetv interactive dont appear in reservations

Started by asturdy, July 10, 2010, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asturdy

I found my way to this forum looking for an answer to my problem (EPG data is being displayed but Shows marked for recording on icetv interactive dont appear in reservations), but it appears that a host of customers are suffering lousy reliability and relying on each other to nut out solutions.  Am I wrong in thinking I've found myself dealing with a flaky product?  Does TiVo perform more reliably?

prl

Quote from: asturdy on July 10, 2010, 04:37:01 PM
I found my way to this forum looking for an answer to my problem (EPG data is being displayed but Shows marked for recording on icetv interactive dont appear in reservations), but it appears that a host of customers are suffering lousy reliability and relying on each other to nut out solutions.  Am I wrong in thinking I've found myself dealing with a flaky product?  Does TiVo perform more reliably?
What PVR?

Have you enabled IceTV and set up up your IceTV user name and password in the IceTV configuration on your PVR?

PVRs poll IceTV for recording updates. On Beyonwizes, this is normally every 30 minutes. It's normal for recordings not to be sent immediately.

On Beyonwiz, the Status window in SETUP>Network>IceTV tells you how long until the next IceTV recordings update.

Have you read the IceTV setup guide appropriate fror your PVR?

It's very hard to offer any sort of assistance when you haven't said what PVR you're using and what you've done to configure it.

I find IceTV pretty reliable on our two BWs.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: prl on July 10, 2010, 06:08:25 PM
Except for the case where I find that a recording gets scheduled on the first of the 2 devices in the Ice device list, instead of the second.

I.E. I look at my list of recordings in one of my devices, and see that a recording isn't scheduled, I look at IcetV and find that it's been scheduled.  (round red circle with no hole in it.)  Then I look at the other  BW, and find that it's been scheduled there.
Most times it's not an issue.  But it's an anomoly.
I understand from IceTV folk that this is a BW bug that has been reported to them

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: grampus on July 10, 2010, 06:45:08 PM
Quote from: prl on July 10, 2010, 06:08:25 PM
Except for the case where I find that a recording gets scheduled on the first of the 2 devices in the Ice device list, instead of the second.
I don't get this behaviour. But I don't have many IceTV recordings set up on our H1.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

delco

I have been experiencing the same issues on a topfield 7100 , intermitantly it looses the guide and stops sending programs to be recorded , I havent been able to find a consistant fix , I get told to reboot and update firmware everytime I ring up but it never solves the problems , I can be real annoying thinking you have programs scheduled and then find they never got recorded.  :'(