24 starts next Tuesday

Started by martymonster, January 29, 2010, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I love watermarks!!! (So long as they are not too obtrusive.)

I find that, ironically, the watermark is the best indication on Australian commercial networks as to whether a segment is "program" or "commercial".  Without them, comskip (see www.comskip.org) is far less consistent or reliable in removing commercials!

8)

raymondjpg

Quote from: Mark on February 09, 2010, 08:22:27 AM
I find that, ironically, the watermark is the best indication on Australian commercial networks as to whether a segment is "program" or "commercial".  Without them, comskip (see www.comskip.org) is far less consistent or reliable in removing commercials!

Not with 7TWO on Prime!

The lurid orange logo (top right) persists throughout *all* program and non-program material, including "black frames".

The more tasteful, transparent, 7TWO watermark bottom right, on the other hand, comes and goes with program material.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 10, 2010, 08:01:28 AM
Quote from: Mark on February 09, 2010, 08:22:27 AM

Not with 7TWO on Prime!

The lurid orange logo (top right) persists throughout *all* program and non-program material, including "black frames".

The more tasteful, transparent, 7TWO watermark bottom right, on the other hand, comes and goes with program material.
Presumably comskip can be set up to be keyed off the 7TWO logo rather than the 7TWO PRIME one.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Mark

Quote from: prl on February 10, 2010, 09:34:54 AM
Presumably comskip can be set up to be keyed off the 7TWO logo rather than the 7TWO PRIME one.

Yes -- normally it will "magically" find a watermark wherever it happens to be, but you can direct it to look only in the bottom right corner, for example.

The bigger issue may be whether the persistence of a solid logo through "black frames" interferes with the segmentation of the program in the first place.

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on February 07, 2010, 07:09:57 PM

When the ABC's new coloured watermarks were introduced, they weren't as bad at the 7TWO PRIME one, everyone was enraged, and the ABC toned them down considerably.

I see today that the 7TWO PRIME orange logo has gone, hopefully for good!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 17, 2010, 10:16:10 PM
Quote from: prl on February 07, 2010, 07:09:57 PM

When the ABC's new coloured watermarks were introduced, they weren't as bad at the 7TWO PRIME one, everyone was enraged, and the ABC toned them down considerably.

I see today that the 7TWO PRIME orange logo has gone, hopefully for good!
Not a moment too soon :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing