24 starts next Tuesday

Started by martymonster, January 29, 2010, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martymonster

Was watching Shark this week when they ran an ad for 24 starting next Tuesday with a double episode.

Checked the Yahoo 7 guide for Melbourne and it also shows 24.

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. We've had that in for a few days now. It's a double episode starting at 8:30pm on 7-TWO.

martymonster

tonymy01

What is going on with Seven!?  All their "big ticket" items are starting on 7TWO this year???  This means lower quality and no HD (e.g. the adverts for Lost suggest the same, "only on 7TWO in 2010" or some such garbage).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

martymonster

Yep, put garbage on HD and good shows on SD.
Other channels are not much better.

10 has Sport on HD and shows like 'Lie to Me' in SD.

Mark

You may think of them as "big ticket" items, but the fact is that a number of shows that started out on Seven with big audiences (Ugly Betty, Lost, Heroes, 24) have not rated well for some time now.  We should be thankful for the second digital channels.  Odds are that if it were not for 7TWO we would not be seeing these shows on free-to-air Australian TV at all (let alone in HD!)  Instead, we would be subjected to an inescapable barrage of celebrities and non-celebrities travelling, singing, dancing, cooking, and being interrogated by customs officers, interspersed with "CSI: Nantucket". "Law and Order: Copyright Infringement Squad" and Packed-to-the-bloody-Rafters...

tonymy01

great post Mark, i was ROLFing all over the floor:) it is a shame though that given not many watch the Hd channel anyway that they fiddle a bit with it and putting all the hd stuff on it.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

tonymy01

Woohoo... Lost will be (hopefullly!) in HD also, a bit later in the evening ->http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/01/returning-lost-3.htm   returning Feb10, on 7TWO (premier) at 9.30pm, and on Seven (and *hopefully* 7HD) at 11.30.   Dunno how long the one on 7/7HD will last, but keeping my fingers crossed, as the show looks magic in HD.
Regards
Tony

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 02, 2010, 12:56:34 AM
Woohoo... Lost will be (hopefullly!) in HD also, a bit later in the evening ->http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/01/returning-lost-3.htm   returning Feb10, on 7TWO (premier) at 9.30pm, and on Seven (and *hopefully* 7HD) at 11.30.   Dunno how long the one on 7/7HD will last, but keeping my fingers crossed, as the show looks magic in HD.

It has been quite some time since I have detected any HD broadcast on PRIME HD (in the ACT). They are just duplicating what is showing on PRIME SD in 576i. Also, I have given up looking for true HD content on WIN, again broadcasting what is on WIN SD in 576i.

Is 7HD broadcasting true HD? If so, maybe another instance of contempt of the regional viewer?

Off-topic - I really don't mind what is broadcast on 7TWO, but it has to be very special for me to put up with the ugly orange logo top right, duplicated by a more tasteful watermark bottom right.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

tonymy01

There is proper HD in Sydney on 7HD and 9HD, just a shame that it is only of their main channel these days, and not the stuff they are packing into their other channels (7TWO, Go!).   We don't get any big orange logo, but do get a watermark of course.
Regards
Tony

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 03, 2010, 09:44:42 PM
There is proper HD in Sydney on 7HD and 9HD, just a shame that it is only of their main channel these days, and not the stuff they are packing into their other channels (7TWO, Go!).   We don't get any big orange logo, but do get a watermark of course.

Here is an example (7TWO ACT), attached.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

tonymy01

Attachments aren't allowed on this forum I don't think.  What was the example, the watermark on 7TWO I presume?
Regards
Tony

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 07, 2010, 05:35:09 PM
..  What was the example, the watermark on 7TWO I presume?
The lurid obtrusive orange 7TWO PRIME watermark, when it already has a 7TWO watermark.

When the ABC's new coloured watermarks were introduced, they weren't as bad at the 7TWO PRIME one, everyone was enraged, and the ABC toned them down considerably.

I can't stand watermarks in any form. I already have a way of telling what service I'm watching. The INFO button on my remote.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 07, 2010, 05:35:09 PM
Attachments aren't allowed on this forum I don't think.  What was the example, the watermark on 7TWO I presume?

If I have transgressed, then I won't do it again.

There is nothing to say attachments are not allowed when hitting the Additional Options button, only "Maximum attachment size allowed: 300 KB, per post: 4"