IceTV interactive on WinMob phone?

Started by Slammer6751, January 27, 2010, 01:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer6751

I have a WinMob phone and use Skype to get to m.icetv.com.au to set recordings when I'm out and about and forgotten to set it at home.

Whilst using it I can set the recording no problems although I haven't found a way to get to the "send recordings to device". I have to go into the normal Interactive on my mobile and then through to Account & INteractive to send them.

Am I missing something or is that the only way to do it?

Thanks

Craig

cam

My experience is that the interactive client on the Windows PC will connect and update the recordings automatically.  That way, if you set something to record via your phone, it will make its way to the PC in due time.  I understand that this update mechanism operates every half hour.  Won't work if your PC is in S3 sleep, however.

Give it a try and see how you go.  I've set the occasional recording with my phone successfully.
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

Slammer6751

My PC does go into S3 sleep.

I guess there aren't many times that a recording would be set via Interactive that would occur before either the PC wakes for it's daily update or a previously set recording.

I didn't realise there was a 30 minute interval to Ice sending the data. I assume it's just new recordings that would be sent every 30 miuntes until the PC recieves them.

Thanks for the reply.

tonymy01

It is a pull client, not a push from ICE (push wouldn't work through firewalls/NAT unless you setup router rules in your NAT router).  So once the PC wakes up, the ICE client will try to pull down the info at regular steps and can be rejected by ICE if too often, the ICE protocol for the Beyonwiz will tell the client how long to hold back for until next poll to reduce the load on the ICE servers (you can see the time to wait in the status windows in the Wiz) so I would presume it is the same for the PC client.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Slammer6751