ICE TV EPG looses correct information but Air EPG is correct?

Started by Denno, January 25, 2010, 11:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denno

Has anyone experienced a loss of ICE EPG information I am in Regional NSW Wollongong with the 20090317.upd update? (I have the latest 1.00.51.upd but was wating to see what it fixes before changing.)
It has happened a few times where information has disappeared. In the Guide Menu you can press RED to change the EPG type and there may be some channels showing information but the wrong date and time? Go to Main Menu and check that ICE TV EPG can be pinged and it is connected OK? I leave my PVR on all the time as it has less issues. Check the Guide later and it may have picked up the right information again?
If you change the EPG type to AIR it uploads the correct information. Is it a problem with the Topfield or the ICE guide? Any ideas what is causing the problem or how to fix it?
Thanks
Denno

A_G

Denno

I am using a wired connection to the Topfield from a wireless router. The router has four LAN ports that I use to connect my Sony TV and PS3 to the network which are working OK.

A_G

I have the same problem from time to time. I changed from a wireless to a wired connection which seemed to help some. The only thing you can do is turn the Topfield off wait and restart. It may also fix itself if you change from Ice to Air but not always. The problem is with the Topfield. Check out the iTopfield forums for more help.