Uploading to PVR with windows 7

Started by jmsbar, July 10, 2009, 12:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmsbar

Using the ''Ice Guide 4 Topfield" program with Windows 7 RC results in Blue Screen Of Death when I go to upload the guide.
I can connect and recognise the toppy, connect to the ice servers ok & download the guide, but it crashes the laptop when I click upload.

Wondering if anyone has got it to work?

choo

Hi

I have the same issue - Just installed win7 and can't get icetvfortoppy working... Blue screens.

Did you get this resolved?

tonymy01

Did you install the Vista compat Topfield USB drivers?   Go to Topfield Korea to get them.   It is tfbulk.sys/etc.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

choo

Thanks!

Remember needing to do this when Vista came out - ice TV might want to update your doco on this?

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=109&faq_cat_id=1

Cheers

Sturg

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 09, 2010, 11:27:47 PM
Did you install the Vista compat Topfield USB drivers?   Go to Topfield Korea to get them.   It is tfbulk.sys/etc.

I was having the same problem using Win 7 Pro, but after speaking to IceTv support I followed their recommended sequence.

1. Uninstall the old Topfield USB drivers (which also gave me the BSoD)
2. Get the one that covers Vista from page 2 of the Downloads/Utilities page on the Topfield site.
3. Install, and Bob's your uncle!

I did the above and am back on the air just fine. (Now doing a Lazarus on the IceBox 2 is anothe rissue)

Daryl