record x per day

Started by grahford, January 18, 2010, 10:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahford

Sorry if this has been discussed, I tried search and it found nothing.

What is the purpose of the 'record x per day' option under series options.  Is it only to stop repeats that appear on the same day?

If a show has 2 episodes back to back and I've selected 1 per day, will it only record one of them?

tonymy01

It is a sucky option, that is for sure.   I was wondering why this week the 2nd Californication ep of the pair, not a repeat, was not scheduled to record on my Wiz, and sure enough, my series recording is "record one per day".   I *hate* that as a default option.   Now I will have to check my 50 or so series to see if I have this set on all of them.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 18, 2010, 07:41:06 PM
It is a sucky option, that is for sure.   I was wondering why this week the 2nd Californication ep of the pair, not a repeat, was not scheduled to record on my Wiz, and sure enough, my series recording is "record one per day".   I *hate* that as a default option.   Now I will have to check my 50 or so series to see if I have this set on all of them.
For it to actually be useful, it would need to be much more powerful than it is. To let you specify the second of two in one day, for example. And it doesn't help when the show is a repeat anyway, but it's shown twice in the same week on different days, as happened recently with Blackadder.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing