Win7 Install 64bit -- Thumbs Up!!

Started by hcornea, January 16, 2010, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcornea

Just a note to say what a massive improvement the Win7 client is over the old Vista One.

I have just converted a Vista32 box to Win7 64bit ... with IceTv.

Absolutely no problems with the setup, found all the channels (without having to rename any!)

So far - rock solid.

Win7 and IceTV works brilliantly for me.

For those that have a Linksys media centre extender - this is working pretty well - with the exception of a pause in the sound on skipping forward.

Well done with the client ... it seems to have arrived.

tonymy01

Until you find the pre-padding settings don't work any more (well, the last thing my media centre recorded seemed OK, maybe ICE fixed it server side, or the show started quite late).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

bodogbodog

I admire the enthusiasm - but as tomymy01 says the Win7 client still has some work needed in the padding (IMHO both pre and post) areas
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

lukem

Appreciate your comments..

IceTV Interactive for Win7 is designed to run on 32-bit and 64-bit machines. In the future we will be releasing WinXP and Vista versions of this app.

Cheers