Repeated repeats

Started by prl, December 31, 2009, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

GO! is showing the same episode of Blackadder twice this week, tonight Friday at 20:30, and tomorrow, Saturday at 01:00. Because Blackadder is already a repeat, there's no way I can think of to only record one of the two, apart from marking the recording as only for a particular time. Which sort-of defeats the purpose of IceTV series recordings.

But I can't think of a clean way to control this behaviour.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Oooh, thanks for picking those up, I have now set timers for them myself :-), so now have the same problem :-)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 31, 2009, 07:22:39 PM
Oooh, thanks for picking those up, I have now set timers for them myself :-), so now have the same problem :-)
I guess two recordings of Blackadder is still better than none :)

I'm afraid you missed the Blackadder Christmas Carol :(
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

Oh man, silly titles and series recordings.
ICE, I setup series recording for Blackadder.   The moral dilemma, do you ignore this and not record the "Blackadder II" series due to the title change?   I expected these to be recorded being part of Blackadder, and due to having a different title they of course didn't.   But here is the thing, it *is* a new series (well, compared to last week's Blackadder), but I shouldn't have to keep reviewing my series just because a show title changes (should I?)... argh, this is a curly one (like the Sports:Year ones in other threads I guess).
Turns out (if the eps are played in order) I missed the 1st four eps of season 6... argh.   And I also in researching the 4 seasons of Blackadder last night, found each season has a unique name.   This looks like one area where season recording with ICE falls apart.   So, I suppose I could do it as a keyword recording, as I am sure the name is unique enough not to show up in anything else ;-).

What the heck ICE?: 
"Blackadder the Third (1987)"  (This Friday).   I don't think anyone could come up with a season recording to guess you were going to call it that!
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 30, 2010, 01:04:47 AM
Oh man, silly titles and series recordings.
ICE, I setup series recording for Blackadder.   The moral dilemma, do you ignore this and not record the "Blackadder II" series due to the title change?   I expected these to be recorded being part of Blackadder, and due to having a different title they of course didn't.   But here is the thing, it *is* a new series (well, compared to last week's Blackadder), but I shouldn't have to keep reviewing my series just because a show title changes (should I?)... argh, this is a curly one (like the Sports:Year ones in other threads I guess).

Yes, I missed a couple of episodes of Blackadder II because it's regarded as somehow a "different" series from Blackadder, perhaps because we've moved from Henry VII to Elizabeth I. Is Edmund really Captain Jack Harkness in disguise? He remains remarkably young :)

Unfortunately even IMDB views Blackadder, Blackadder II, Blackadder the Third, etc. as separate series, not seasons of the same series. I feel a keyword recording coming on :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

LOL... I just edited my post the same time you were posting!
Regards
Tony

bodogbodog

You'll certainly want to know that Blackadder the Third starts next Friday night on GO at 8.30pm (two episodes) - it's available in the guide as a series
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

tonymy01

Yes, as I said in my post, the only way to get these is with a keyword, and notice the show title, it has the date in the title!!
Regards
Tony

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 30, 2010, 12:19:04 PM
... notice the show title, it has the date in the title!!
Given that the rest of the title is different, and the Blackadder series are being treated as separate series and not seasons of the same series, it doesn't really matter. Even if it is silly.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Cammo

Is the the same issue I have?  I have set Seinfeld to do a series record on Go! and I set it to record repeats as I assume all of them are marked as repeats.  The problem is, as an example, "The Pilot Episode" is on twice on Wednesday and once again on both Thursday and Friday.  I guess I am after a feature where IceTV will not re-record an episode that has already been recorded.  But that may be stretching the friendship?   :D

tonymy01

Yep, same prob.  It would be *very* nice if ICE managed to track that the timer had successfully scheduled in the recent past, and not set a timer for it again.   This is a major prob with the way Go! broadcasts things.
Regards
Tony