Toppies freezing during EPG loading

Started by brianh, December 30, 2009, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianh

Hi all,

I have two 5K toppies, both run separate instances of TED to load the Iceguide.  As of today, both units are freezing when they get about 3/4 of the way through loading.  At first I thought EPG_uploader was corrupt, but re-loaded the TAP via ftp and it's still happening on both boxes, at the same point during the loading process.

I can get the toppies to stop freezing by hitting "0" when starting to stop all TAPs, then starting TAPS one by one.  This isolates the freeze to the EPG loading process.  From the data that was loaded, Just EPG seems to show that the shows & times are loading but some extended info is missing.   The extended info goes missing on Mon Jan 4 at the 6:00am time slot for all channels except 7TWO, which goes missing at the 8:00am time slot. 

Is it possible there is some corrupt Iceguide data being downloaded which is causing the trouble? - Is anyone else having the same issue?

Cheers,
Brian

tonymy01

How about you send me the TGDs, and I can have a look.  Is it EPG_uploader that is bombing out, or justEPG?  How would ICE possibly be responsible, all they do is create the XML, it is up to the parser (in your case, TEDs) to turn that into a legal;-) TGD format.

p.s I am in Sydney, using ICE, with most of the TGDs ok, running PerlTGD and stock EPG viewer, and no crashing.   The only thing I haven't done yet is add ABC3 to the mix (too lazy, and not much point with only kids progs).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

brianh

Hi Tony,

The toppies are freezing during the EPG upload process, as the file count gets to between 1300 - 1400.  The units don't freeze if EPG upload isn't running, and both toppies are doing it with separate TGD files.  I'll try to send you what I have,

Cheers,
Brian