No 7TWO IceTV EP in the ACT

Started by colin132, December 24, 2009, 09:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colin132

This new channel started broadcasting in the ACT on 23.12.2009 but ICETV haven't yet added it to the list of available channels.

I tried icetv support who assured me it had.

Anyone else from Canberra suffering a case of localised blindness when looking at their guide where they can't see the program data?

prl

I'm not seeing 7TWO in my Web My Account>TV Guide settings for the ACT either. Nor am I seeing it in my Widget for the ACT. But then another post said that there's no 7TWO guide for Coffs Harbour, either. Perhaps the person you spoke to at IceTV thought that because it's available in the state capitals it's available everywhere?

For Beyonwiz recorders, you'll probably need to clear the EPG cache to see the new EPG data when it does become available.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

colin132

I've tried to get help again and they have told me to clear the cache and reload the EPG.

Fat lot of good that will do if the channel hasn't been set up by Ice for my region.

Why do helpdesks always assume that the problem is yours?

prl

The only time I've talked to IceTV helpdesk they were very helpful, even though it transpired that it was PEBCAK.

Maybe you need to emphasise that you don't see an entry for 7TWO on your ACT region configuration on the Web My Account>TV Guide. Make sure that they understand that it's got nothing to do with the Beyonwiz at all, it's at the IceTV end.

The ACT appears to be the only regional configuration that doesn't have 7TWO.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I just spoke to Peter at IceTV support and he said that he didn't know when the IceTV EPG for 7TWO in the ACT would be made available. He agreed it was available for all the other regionals.

He didn't tell me to clear the EPG cache.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

blip

Quote from: prl on December 24, 2009, 03:39:39 PM
It may be in the configuration but only as LCN 72 which makes it pretty much useless.

prl

Quote from: blip on December 24, 2009, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: prl on December 24, 2009, 03:39:39 PM
It may be in the configuration but only as LCN 72 which makes it pretty much useless.

No, in the ACT configuration it's not there at all, it's not just misconfigured. Some of the others may be present but misconfigured, I don't know what they should be. The ACT just isn't there at all.

It's easy to check.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Russell at IceTV

Sorry guys, it should be in the ACT guide now as well. Let me know if you still have problems with it.

Russell

blip

It may be there but you still have it as LCN 72 only. PRIME have 7TWO on LCN 62.

Russell at IceTV

Ok, is it supposed to be on 62 and 72, or just 62?

Russell

blip

In PRIME areas it is on 62, in areas serviced by 7 it is 72.

Russell at IceTV

Ok, thanks.  I've changed it to be on 62 now in ACT.  See how it looks.

Russell

prl

I can confirm that I'm seeing the ACT configuration for 7TWO on 62 in My Account>TV Guide on the Web page now. It appeared as 72 for a short time. After it went to 62 on the IceTV page, I cleared the EPG cache on my Beyonwiz DP-S1, and the 7TWO EPG is there.

Thanks, Russell.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tonymy01

How is that for a Xmas eve quick change!  Well done ICEtv.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on December 24, 2009, 05:14:23 PM
Ok, thanks.  I've changed it to be on 62 now in ACT.  See how it looks.

Russell
It may need to be changed to 62 on some of the other regionals, too, but I don't know which ones.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use