"65534 minutes to get scheduler tasks"!

Started by mmaslen, December 02, 2009, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmaslen

has anybody seen this message in the setup screens of the Beyonwiz?!

pkitson

Yes I've suddenly started to see this on my P1 today when I noticed expected schedules hadn't been updated.

jillmess

+1
Says "Get scheduler tasks: OK" after startup (but hasn't picked up some changes I made early this afternoon), then "Wait 65219 minutes to get scheduler tasks." 

Jill

tonymy01

Mine picked up one i added only 20mins ago via the widget, haven't looked at the status itself (I tend to ignore that status normally, i guess you only really look there when you are trying to fault find, which I haven't had to do).
It suggests it is getting everything a bit too quick for the servers so they are telling it to hold back for a very long (or negative?) time.   Did you power up/down and thus effectively the Wiz is asking too quickly?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Neon Kitten

Same issue here. Screen looks like this:

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s326/NeonKitten_photo/8269e2fd.jpg

I am wondering if this explains why schedules I've set via the iPhone app over the past few days have not been recorded by the Beyonwiz.

BTW, the time quoted there - 65000+ minutes - equals over 45 DAYS.

tonymy01

Just to add my extra 5cents (as Neon on the Wiz forums posted an image up and I decided to have a look at my status updates finally):

But mine is ok, it is getting schedules quite ok... in saying this though, I notice in my status:
65138, 65133, 65128minutes to get scheduler tasks. edit and now 65123minutes while typing this out here and looking over.
But the thing is, I saw a show I wanted to record tonight while quickly perusing the widget, set it up to record, then noticed the wiz was in standby (can see it in the other room just when I am sitting at my pc, and with my spare remote and very careful pointing, I can get the Wiz powered up), and noticed the recording VFD indicator a bit later (and then looking in the filelist it definitely recorded the show).
Maybe this is only going to be a problem if you leave your wiz on 24x7, but it picks up the schedule quite fine on power up.   Whatever it is, the Wiz is honouring the dodgy info that ICE is sending, and checking every 5mins... ouch.
Regards

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Neon Kitten

And also adding my reply to that DTVforum post (edit: err, I mean Wiz forum post!) in this forum as well for maximum coverage...

Just did some testing. I set a timer via the iPhone app for a 90 mins away. Then played some Uncharted 2 :) and waited. At the scheduled time (3am) I looked and saw the Wiz was not recording the test show I'd set. Looked at the timer list, it was not there.

So I powered down the Wiz and immediately powered it back up again, then went into the Ice status page in Setup just in time to see it getting EPG data, then getting scheduler tasks... and then, and only then, did the timer get loaded and fire.

This explains a couple of incidents in recent days where I've remotely set a timer while I KNOW the Wiz is powered on, but it has not recorded the shows.

Big, big bug here. Given that the Wiz firmware hasn't changed forever :) I lay the blame on IceTV's server.

prl

The discussion about this problem on the Beyonwiz forum is here.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: Neon Kitten on December 03, 2009, 01:37:24 AM
BTW, the time quoted there - 65000+ minutes - equals over 45 DAYS.
As I mentioned in the Beyonwiz discussion, it's probably more significant that 65534 is hex FFFE, one less than the largest unsigned 16 bit number. I'm fairly sure that the first "... minutes to get scheduler tasks" message is printed 1 minute after the next connection time is established, so it's likely that the server is sending 65535 minutes (FFFF, the largest 16-bit number) as the time to connect. This may be intended as the indication of an error and it's being misinterpreted by the Beyonwiz.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hey guys, just a quick heads up, we are looking into this one now, its probable that this started sometime last night.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

Thanks Dan.

Yeah, my Interactive "upcoming shows" is a dogs breakfast at the moment, all shows from Tuesday lunch (12.45pm [Series recording queued up for device] [Keyword Record] Richard Hammond's Blast Lab ‘Episode 2 - The Weight of Liquids’ABC3) are queued, not transferred (well, at least according to the Interactive, I haven't checked in the Wiz).   So this is all Tuesday night and all Wednesday timers are queued.   The PVR has a 4am wakeup timer, so not sure why it didn't pick these up, unless of course they just became queued after 4am today?

The strange thing is, a show that has been a series for some time and recording happily for some time, "Hyperdrive" is also indicating queued, and this is tomorrow night, so I am clueless as to why this particular thing is happening, but I guess the Tuesday onwards stuff would be +5days from this schedule code stuff up.   Another thing that I am confused about is that I saw a show I wanted to record last night when sussing the widget out, so setup a timer from the Widget, and noticed the wiz was in standby, so powered it up and it got the schedule fine for this show, so why some things are transferring and some not remains a bit of a mystery.

I would give my right arm to have a logging system or view logs on the Interactive pages, rather than silly nearly meaningless icons.   The log should include things like when the entry was first queued in ICE interactive, when it was attempted to be transferred, logs of when the PVR was requesting stuff, logs of when ICE transferred stuff.
Not having any kind of real info of substance is literally creating a situation where people are reverse engineering the protocol between PVR and ICE just to see why stuff isn't or is coming through.
Regards
Regards
Tony

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 03, 2009, 11:18:26 AM
I would give my right arm to have a logging system or view logs on the Interactive pages, rather than silly nearly meaningless icons. ...

The original Unix text editor, "ed", had a single error message: "?". It was joked at the time that Ken Thompson's car (Ken was the author of ed) had just a single item in the instrument panel, a big question mark that lit up if something was wrong :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This has been fixed, best option for affected people is to restart the Beyonwiz to force it to perform a new check and get a sane value for next check time.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

JPP

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on December 03, 2009, 03:55:32 PM
This has been fixed, best option for affected people is to restart the Beyonwiz to force it to perform a new check and get a sane value for next check time.
Just so that we may get a better insight into the workings of ICETV, why did this only affect the BeyonWiz range of PVRs?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It will have affected any PVR that properly uses the minimum wait time, and that performs an update longer than 1 minute after the allowable time, and then that PVR has to be using an unsigned variable to store the minimum wait time.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.