Accuracy of data - ABC and ABC2

Started by impact, June 25, 2006, 09:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

There appears to be a few discrepancies and accuracies of the guide data for Kids programming with what is referenced at the ABC website published guide...

As an Example;
Monday:
ICETV says                                   ABC Says

9:25am  Bananas In Pyjamas        9:25am  Bananas In Pyjamas
10:00am  For The Juniors              9:30am  Play School
                                                  10:00am  For The Juniors
------

Of course BIP is not a 35 minute program - as reported - and its a simple matter that Play School has 'accidentily
been removed. May I suggest that some kind of further checking / audit / quality control be introduced to prevent these accidental programs being misplaced

vbap

I noticed this too, and wondered if, since ICE claim that ABC license the EPG data to them, whether ICE gets a direct "feed" of guide XML from ABC (and SBS for that matter).

pvogel

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

Russell at IceTV

Hi impact,

As for the problem with Bananas In Pyjamas being scheduled for 35 min. instead of 5...  The guide folks tell me that ABC's own information had it this way, so we changed it to reflect their schedule, even though it did sound a bit strange.  If ABC's web site later showed the correct schedule, I can only guess that it was because they changed it at some point to reflect the actual scheduling.  Hopefully it won't happen again :-(

Russell