ABC and ABC2 Subtitles

Started by impact, June 24, 2006, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

A good effort is made for the commercial channels in sub title names... however there seems to be a substantial missing of the program titles when it comes to kids tv.

Postman Pat / Bananas / Bambaloo / Play School / Pingu / Bob The Builder / Wiggles / etc etc...  99% of all kids tv on ABC and ABC2 have reportable program names or sub titles...

Sometimes it is the only way to identify if the program is a new series or not - ie. Postman Pat - if the sub title says something like 'Postman Pat and the ..... ' then it can be safely assumed that this is the second series of the show, and not the older / grainer / less colorful version.

As you can tell I like recording kids stuff - but I like to know in advance which ones to record by subtitles.....

vbap

I noticed this too (for similiar reasons  :) ) and sent support an email last week. I think this has been fixed [Yay!] (although the 9:30am PlaySchool was omitted from the guide for today and a recording was lost [boo!]

:)

pvogel

We get our ABC guide from ABC. I'll look into whether there is some data missing and if so how we can get it.

Peter

mtb

In theory you should be able to automate this (once the data is there, of course) by the use of regular expressions in an advanced EPG programmer such as TED/S.  You might simply look for a title which starts with your programme name and has text after it...

e.g. "^Postman Pat (a..z|A..Z)"

This might not be the exact correct expression, I'm working from memory.  Excluding the quotes, this means: Title starts with "Postman Pat", followed by a space and at least one alpha character.  It would thus exclude "Postman Pat".
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

impact

How are we going with the subtitles on ABC and ABC2 ? Things have improved this week - there are quiet a few new entries showing the episode sub title now... however some are still not coming through.

eg
on ABC - missing episode sub titles
Active Kids
Girl Stuff Boy Stuff
Bananas In Pyjamas
Pingu
(and a strange one Bambaloo  - each day this week had a subtitle - except for today)

on ABC2 - missing sub titles
Frannys Feet
Fireman Sam
Jasper the Penguin
Bananas
Jasper The Penguin
Snailsbury Tales
The Save Ums

Only mention it as I know you guys were going to look into it, and it certainly did improve this week, but in case there is some programming error / bug - the above list might help isolate it....

Ta

Mitch IceGuide

Am afraid that's as good as it's going to get for now. Hopefully the repeat flags (which we get from the ABC site) should suffice and recording those you've already seen won't be an issue.