World cup match names

Started by whitford, June 25, 2006, 12:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitford

I think since this is a "paid" service and since the info is freely available, we should expect icetv to actually put the teams playing in the program guide.  Agreed guys??

Thanks...

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

Actually the team names are in the guide for the World Cup programs.  You should be seeing programs such as the following in your guide:

SOCCER: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Round Of 16: Switzerland v Ukraine
SOCCER: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Round Of 16: Brazil v Ghana
SOCCER: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Round Of 16: Italy v Australia
SOCCER: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Round Of 16: Portugal v Netherlands
SOCCER: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Round Of 16: England v Ecuador

Are you not seeing these?  If not, let us know or contact support and we'll be glad to help sort it out.  Or was there a different program you were looking for?

Thanks,
Russell

whitford

Yes... seeing it now.. I think the problem was that I updated a bit too early on the day before you guys got a chance to actually add these names. Thanks...

whitford

Actually this is what I found:

On scheduled recording list, the subtitle said:
Round of 16: Match 56 (initial value)

But on the "guide" itself, the subtitle said the updated value:
Round of 16: Spain Vs France (updated value).

Is this an icetv bug / mce bug? Anyone elses experiencing this?

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

Can you tell me more about where you're seeing this?  Are you by chance looking at something like MCE WebGuide through a web browser?  If so, I've seen the same issue, just a few days ago.  I believe WebGuide makes a copy of the program name at the time it's scheduled, and then continues to show that name even if it changes in the guide.  I haven't seen that issue inside MCE itself though.

Thanks,
Russell

whitford

No, it's inside the actual MCE. The description inside My TV > Recorded TV is different with description inside My TV > Guide. If you update the guide, it will only change the description inside My TV > Guide, and not on My TV > Recorded TV. And unfortunately, when then that show is recorded it still keeps the "old" subtitle, and not the new. Any idea why? Thanks..